I'm hearing Brock looks meh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hearing Brock looks meh

From Jeff legwold espns blog and from another source at camp.

I have a question for the mane... Will we be able to glean enough from Brock's preseason performances to determine if he's the future?

Personally, I don't see how a guy could only play 2 years in college, not play in another real game for 5 years, then be expected to come in a perform at a high level. I can't think of any precedent for it. Kurt Warner I guess but is Brock a christian? Even Steve young was seeing playing time when Montana was around.

Look, I know what Elway was trying to do, with Mannings Heath concerns, tutor factor and all that. But at some point don't you have to see glimpses? I don't think you can really mortgage the future because you have so much invested.

1. You're right in the implication that we haven't seen enough of Brock to know - which basically answers your question.

2. What is the best alternative right now?

Comment

It might be hard to find that next franchise QB if Brock if not the guy- I have this feeling Elway will have this team pretty deep and they will win 7-9 games at worst, even with journeymen QB filling in until we find that long term solution.

At this point, other than mopping up, we haven't been able to see Brock's progress clearly- I hope hes excellent.

Comment

This is old school NFL QB development. There is nothing wrong with that. Even the better QB's in college are taken in the NFL based upon potential.
        We took a flier on Brock and so far the team is satisfied with his progression.

I don't think there will be a drop off when Peyton hangs it up but rather a change of the offensive structure. Less hurry up and pace, going to a more running and balanced scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
          1. You're right in the implication that we haven't seen enough of Brock to know - which basically answers your question.

/thread

Comment

I thought Brock looked pretty good at practice on Sunday. Not great. But certainly not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post

1. Get Brock snaps in the regular season.

2. Put more time/effort into scouting college qbs this season. Let franchise and Brock know nothing will be handed to him.

3. Considering bringing in a veteran this year. Kolb, grossman maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                It might be hard to find that next franchise QB if Brock if not the guy- I have this feeling Elway will have this team pretty deep and they will win 7-9 games at worst, even with journeymen QB filling in until we find that long term solution.

At this point, other than mopping up, we haven't been able to see Brock's progress clearly- I hope hes excellent.
                Elway will swoop in and give Phillip Rivers the opportunity to play in his self proclaimed favorite stadium in 2017. Lock it up!

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                  1. Get Brock snaps in the regular season.

2. Put more time/effort into scouting college qbs this season. Let franchise and Brock know nothing will be handed to him.

3. Considering bringing in a veteran this year. Kolb, grossman maybe.
                  I know decent Veteran QBs don't tend to grow on trees, but how desperate would we have to be to turn to Kolb or Grossman to try to push Brock? I would prefer a Jason Campbell type to either of those options.

There is no way around it. If we have to start Brock under center for more than 5 games this year, we probably aren't making the play-offs. I'm not saying that we should completely write the kid off. Just that I don't think he is guy that is going to make the big step forward in his first year of significant playing time. He's going to take his lumps, make mistakes, and hopefully learn. The hope is that he actually can develop into a franchise QB. But he won't start as one

Comment

Brock is holding onto the ball forever now from what I saw. Undoubtedly a product of not playing live action. Needs to develop the ability to make much quicker reads if he wants to have success.

Comment

Brock has looked mehhh... his entire career.

Comment

Peyton is going to be good enough for 3 more seasons. Brock won't be on this roster when Peyton hangs it up.

Comment

He probably won't every play a meaningful game by the time his contract up. Just a darn goofy situation. Never had faith in the pick, likely never will. That 2012 draft outside about 10 players was atrocious.

Comment

Brock is getting significantly better reviews in camp this year than RGIII is.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                              He probably won't every play a meaningful game by the time his contract up. Just a darn goofy situation. Never had faith in the pick, likely never will. That 2012 draft outside about 10 players was atrocious.
                              You mean league wide right? I assume you do because 10 players for a team is fantastic. I wonder what would be considered the worse draft in terms of overall talent added league wide would be.

Comment

Working...
                              X