Did you know? Peyton Stat....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know? Peyton Stat....

PMFM is only 17 TD's behind Favre for the all the time record?

I just read that this morning, that is crazy, and I have not heard one thing about it.

Go PMFM, and I hope he gets that stat by week 5

http://www.pro-football-reference.co..._td_career.htm

Who do you think can catch him at this point, Brees or Brady?? (maybe)

Brees is bigger threat to pass him in career TD and Yards than Brady. Brees recently said he wanted to play until he was 45.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...yds_career.htm
    Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 01-05-2016, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Brees its the only one who could come close, but he would have to have an even better post 35 career than Manning has had.

Manning has averaged nearly 31 TD's per season for 16 years, including the year he was on IR. A couple more years like that, and the record may never be broken. All he needs is another Superbowl win.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
        Manning has averaged nearly 31 TD's per season for 16 years, including the year he was on IR.
        94% of the time, Manning works every time.

Comment

I figured he had to be closing in on it given the two monster season he put up for the Broncos thus far. I didn't know that he was that close to the all time touchdown record. Anyone know where he is on the all time Wins record by a Starting QB?

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
            Brees is bigger threat to pass him in career TD and Yards than Brady. Brees recently said he wanted to play until he was 45.

[ATTACH]34562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]34563[/ATTACH]

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...yds_career.htm
            Everytime I see that list I am reminded of how awesome Fran Tarkenton was. He did that in the 60's and 70's, and most of it in Minnesota before they had a dome.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
              I figured he had to be closing in on it given the two monster season he put up for the Broncos thus far. I didn't know that he was that close to the all time touchdown record. Anyone know where he is on the all time Wins record by a Starting QB?
              2nd all time. -19 on Favre though, so it won't be this year.

Why did that smug prick have to play so long?

Edit: I guess that might count playoff wins.

So 16-0 and the Lombardi will seal it. Mark it down!

Comment

I knew he was close but I had no idea he was only 17 away till gutless posted that yahoo link this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                  PMFM is only 17 TD's behind Favre for the all the time record?

I just read that this morning, that is crazy, and I have not heard one thing about it.

Go PMFM, and I hope he gets that stat by week 5

Who do you think can catch him at this point, Brees or Brady?? (maybe)
                  I'm hoping for week 5, planning on flying in for that game (and GABF). It would be awesome to be at the game where the record is broken.

Comment

Chargers

I might actually try to get some tickets for late Sept hoping to see him break it.

Comment

In looking at those numbers it seems kind of weird that Brees doesn't just get absolutely killed for winning "only one" Super Bowl like Manning does. I guess people really do think it's better to not make the playoffs or get bounced out early as opposed to losing the Super Bowl or AFC Championship. Either that or they are grading him on the curve because he is so short?

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                        I think it has more to do with a few other things:

1. Brees hadn't entered that "elite" tier until pretty recently. A decade ago and it was Brady/Manning... and still is. Brees didn't arrive to third wheel the discussion until he put up some gaudy numbers in N.O.

2. Brees is still a little younger. If Manning retires, I would assume the narrative would switch to Brees from Manning.
                        ha ha...caught you "Dr."

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                          I think it has more to do with a few other things:

1. Brees hadn't entered that "elite" tier until pretty recently. A decade ago and it was Brady/Manning... and still is. Brees didn't arrive to third wheel the discussion until he put up some gaudy numbers in N.O.

2. Brees is still a little younger. If Manning retires, I would assume the narrative would switch to Brees from Manning.
                          Hate to say it, but Manning's falloff in the playoffs has generally been much more pronounced than Brees'. When he's lost in the playoffs, it's often been, in part, because he's had terrible games.

That line started a long time ago, but what probably cemented it was those two Manning/Brady rivalry AFCCG's in 03-04 where Peyton put up some pretty god-awful numbers. 36 and 69 QBR's. 230ish yards in either. 4 INT's in the first one.

Meanwhile, it's much harder to blame Brees for a playoff loss while he posts 462 yards and 4 TD's. Or when he struggles to put up 300 yards against an All-time elite defense like the Seahawks last year.
                          Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 08-01-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I thought QB WINNNZZZ !!! was the only stat that mattered in the postseason? I can't keep this **** straight.
                            Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 08-01-2014, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Brees teams make the playoffs 50% of the time.

Manning teams make the playoffs 87% of the time.

Brees is a loser.

Comment

Working...
                              X