Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And The Offseason MVP Award Goes To........

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • And The Offseason MVP Award Goes To........

    Joshua Cutler.......


    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...ate-jay-cutler


    "This is a totally different guy. Just call him Joshua Cutler. That's what the 'J' stands for."



  • #2
    In....Before epic thread gets epic.

    Comment


    • #3
      He's got the physical tools. If he can get the hardware between the ears to work, he very well could be. Good luck stealing it from Peyton though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Taco John View Post
        He's got the physical tools. If he can get the hardware between the ears to work, he very well could be. Good luck stealing it from Peyton though.
        I'd add Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees to the list of "QBs with better odds than Cutler of winning the 2014 MVP award" (Manning at the top of said list, of course).

        Comment


        • #5
          I'll wait for him to put a complete season together without having to stay out of games because he hurt his pinkie toe.

          Comment


          • #6
            Isn't the guy touting him as MVP the same guy that tripped on a McDonalds wrapper and went head first thru a TV? I think there are judgement issues here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ghwk View Post
              Isn't the guy touting him as MVP the same guy that tripped on a McDonalds wrapper and went head first thru a TV? I think there are judgement issues here.
              This is true.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's not exactly groundbreaking news that a WR makes a prediction that his own QB is going to have a good season (by extension, also predicting that he will have a good season; good QB performance goes hand-in-hand with good WR numbers).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Considering Minnesota, Green Bay and Detroit are AWFUL at defending the pass coupled with the weapons he does have on offense -- it isn't out of this world to believe he has a shot. I do not think he will, but I think he will have the best year of his career in 2014 if he stays healthy. Which will probably be about 65% as good as Manning's.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Has Brandon reached the "that's my quarterback" level yet?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Maybe Joshua will finally post a 90 QB rating season

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've always been a Cutler fan....but, he has to show that he can play smart football. If he can begin to be that QB...then yes, he can enter the elite level at the QB position.

                        Playing smart football is not what many QB's are able to comprehend. Throw it away, understand where to go with the ball and when, understand the matchups, when to lean on the run, the TE...etc.

                        Elite: P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger

                        On the cusp, but not quite there: Romo, Rivers, E. Manning, Cutler, Ryan, Stafford, Flacco, Luck (too new),

                        For the record: Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, Foles, Cam Newton, Tannehill, Dalton....just not there yet...another great year for any of them and then you have to consider them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hamrob View Post

                          Elite: P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger

                          On the cusp, but not quite there: Romo, Rivers, E. Manning, Cutler, Ryan, Stafford, Flacco, Luck (too new),

                          For the record: Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, Foles, Cam Newton, Tannehill, Dalton....just not there yet...another great year for any of them and then you have to consider them.
                          I would agree with that list.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                            Isn't the guy touting him as MVP the same guy that tripped on a McDonalds wrapper and went head first thru a TV? I think there are judgement issues here.
                            It's also the guy who has a vested interest in kissing the ass of his QB who loves to lock in on a single guy and fire the football to him despite the coverage. More receptions = more dollars.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Im actually really high on Cutler this year in fantasy football....fantasy though

                              He still can't hold the jocks of guys like Manning, Rodgers, etc...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X