Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jadeveon Clowney spares RB from massive hit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jadeveon Clowney spares RB from massive hit

    <iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/52Onp_RqveY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  • #2
    Shades of the Michigan game

    Comment


    • #3
      Telling him to step it up? He held himself back. Sure camera guy. He steps it up and that RB is toast in a practice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
        Shades of the Michigan game

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Action View Post
          Somebody missed their block on that play. Either the TE, FB, or RG. One of them was supposed to pick up that block, but they let him run right in.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
            Somebody missed their block on that play. Either the TE, FB, or RG. One of them was supposed to pick up that block, but they let him run right in.
            Well...that's generally how big plays occur...someone screws up their assignment.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
              Somebody missed their block on that play. Either the TE, FB, or RG. One of them was supposed to pick up that block, but they let him run right in.

              Comment


              • #8
                Apparently RB's in the NFL are bigger and tougher than college. Dude has to wrap that up even it if it practice.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                  Telling him to step it up? He held himself back. Sure camera guy. He steps it up and that RB is toast in a practice.
                  No, if he would have gone full blast then that dude would have been retired real quick. That was a potential kill shot.

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He was on his knee before contact and all power was gone, looked like a rookie misdiagnosing the situation rather than a benevolent wrecking ball to me.

                        I will clarify though that for me the Eye Test takes place in an Opticians office and a gap assignment is being told to fold sweaters, so what do I know.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Edit: It appears I am also ignorant of how to single post

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So some backstory on practice. They don't tackle to the ground except in rare occasions (The Broncos did a full tackle or "live" practice Monday.) The players are instructed to initiate a tackle and then let go. The coaches make the running backs "finish" their runs every play. This means after the first guy gets you, you keep running and continue for about 15 yards down field even after the play is dead. Receivers do this as well. After they are touched they will continue up field toward the endzone several yards. This gets the players used to running through tackles, helps them see how defenders are positioned down field so they can navigate around them in the future on that specific play, and it helps with general conditioning.

                            So what does that mean for this video? It means Clowney didn't "spare" this running back. He initiated the tackle and didn't finish per practice protocol. It also doesn't mean Clowney missed a tackle. You'll notice after the initial hit the other defenders stop pursuing. The back is the only player continuing to fight upfield. This is per pretty standard league-wide practice. Or at least the three completely different coaching regimes that I've seen come through Dove Valley.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              So some backstory on practice. They don't tackle to the ground except in rare occasions (The Broncos did a full tackle or "live" practice Monday.) The players are instructed to initiate a tackle and then let go. The coaches make the running backs "finish" their runs every play. This means after the first guy gets you, you keep running and continue for about 15 yards down field even after the play is dead. Receivers do this as well. After they are touched they will continue up field toward the endzone several yards. This gets the players used to running through tackles, helps them see how defenders are positioned down field so they can navigate around them in the future on that specific play, and it helps with general conditioning.

                              So what does that mean for this video? It means Clowney didn't "spare" this running back. He initiated the tackle and didn't finish per practice protocol. It also doesn't mean Clowney missed a tackle. You'll notice after the initial hit the other defenders stop pursuing. The back is the only player continuing to fight upfield. This is per pretty standard league-wide practice. Or at least the three completely different coaching regimes that I've seen come through Dove Valley.
                              This actually means Clowney is really a holdout while still participating in practice.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X