Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players the other players are talking about

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Players the other players are talking about

    It's important to listen to the guys other players mention. Sometimes it's nothing, like the weird talk about how Corey Jackson was a sleeper one offseason. However most of the time there is something going on to get the other players' attention. Guys like Darrent Williams, Julius Thomas and Eric Decker were all rookies that were making an impact and enough of one to get their teammates to single them out. Here's who's been turning the other players' heads that I've heard so far...

    Cody Latimer WR 14: Several players have mentioned how big and strong he plays. Big Al mentioned he plays a bit mean and that last years' team was a bit too nice and it was good to have some players that have "dog" in them. "He gets it." Obviously there have been stories about him already.

    Kapri Bibbs RB 35: Apparently had some good runs and likes to stiff arm. The safeties mentioned he's strong.

    Jerodis Williams RB 33: Mentioned by a linebacker and some players during a highlight video that he ran hard.

    Bennie Fowler WR 16: Kayvon Webster mentioned he's difficult to cover. He couldn't even recall his name but seemed to impress him.

    Isaiah Burse WR 19: Is apparently pretty fast and so far has emerged as the front runner for the return game. Can actually play a receiver a bit too.

    Not hearing too many defenders mentioned, though I have heard players mentioned that have made plays on defense. If you guys hear of anyone who's received praise from their teammates post it here. It will give me something to watch during the crap that is preseason games.

  • #2
    From what I hear, EVERYONE is difficult for Webster to cover this camp.

    Comment


    • #3
      Man, I want Bibbs to take that next step and lock up that No2 RB spot.
      I think we all knew Latimer was going to be a beast. No surprise there.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by socalorado View Post
        Man, I want Bibbs to take that next step and lock up that No2 RB spot.
        I think we all knew Latimer was going to be a beast. No surprise there.
        Med didn't call this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
          From what I hear, EVERYONE is difficult for Webster to cover this camp.
          He'll be here all week, folks!

          Comment


          • #6
            Good thread idea!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Requiem View Post
              Med didn't call this.
              Son of a biatch

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                From what I hear, EVERYONE is difficult for Webster to cover this camp.
                as well as Roby your 3rd and 4th CBs behind Talib and Harris

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                  I think we all knew Latimer was going to be a beast. No surprise there.
                  Did we? We'll need to see it on the field, but if he emerges, especially in his first year that would be huge. Remember we traded up to get him, and of note, the pick we acquired was originally the Chiefs which they used to buy Alex Smith from the Niners. How interesting is that - from a team that is desperate for receiving talent.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    Did we? We'll need to see it on the field, but if he emerges, especially in his first year that would be huge. Remember we traded up to get him, and of note, the pick we acquired was originally the Chiefs which they used to buy Alex Smith from the Niners. How interesting is that - from a team that is desperate for receiving talent.
                    Someone should post this on Chiefs Planet.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There's no need to be a tiny bit nervous about CB in July, but I am....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by baja View Post
                        Someone should post this on Chiefs Planet.
                        Let's wait and make sure he's more Anquan Boldin than Adrian Madise. We haven't even had a preseason game yet.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          Let's wait and make sure he's more Anquan Boldin than Adrian Madise. We haven't even had a preseason game yet.
                          Elway traded up for the guy in the deepest WR draft in recent memory that's good enough for me.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            the broncos 2nd string Oline has been horrible the last few years as I recall the preseason games. Just flat awful. I hope they improve this year with a few new guys from the draft and Montgomery.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              It's important to listen to the guys other players mention. Sometimes it's nothing, like the weird talk about how Corey Jackson was a sleeper one offseason. However most of the time there is something going on to get the other players' attention. Guys like Darrent Williams, Julius Thomas and Eric Decker were all rookies that were making an impact and enough of one to get their teammates to single them out. Here's who's been turning the other players' heads that I've heard so far...

                              Cody Latimer WR 14: Several players have mentioned how big and strong he plays. Big Al mentioned he plays a bit mean and that last years' team was a bit too nice and it was good to have some players that have "dog" in them. "He gets it." Obviously there have been stories about him already.

                              Kapri Bibbs RB 35: Apparently had some good runs and likes to stiff arm. The safeties mentioned he's strong.

                              Jerodis Williams RB 33: Mentioned by a linebacker and some players during a highlight video that he ran hard.

                              Bennie Fowler WR 16: Kayvon Webster mentioned he's difficult to cover. He couldn't even recall his name but seemed to impress him.

                              Isaiah Burse WR 19: Is apparently pretty fast and so far has emerged as the front runner for the return game. Can actually play a receiver a bit too.

                              Not hearing too many defenders mentioned, though I have heard players mentioned that have made plays on defense. If you guys hear of anyone who's received praise from their teammates post it here. It will give me something to watch during the crap that is preseason games.
                              I would recommend he not do that against Troy Polamalu though, hahaha. He might get his arm broken.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X