Players the other players are talking about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players the other players are talking about

It's important to listen to the guys other players mention. Sometimes it's nothing, like the weird talk about how Corey Jackson was a sleeper one offseason. However most of the time there is something going on to get the other players' attention. Guys like Darrent Williams, Julius Thomas and Eric Decker were all rookies that were making an impact and enough of one to get their teammates to single them out. Here's who's been turning the other players' heads that I've heard so far...

Cody Latimer WR 14: Several players have mentioned how big and strong he plays. Big Al mentioned he plays a bit mean and that last years' team was a bit too nice and it was good to have some players that have "dog" in them. "He gets it." Obviously there have been stories about him already.

Kapri Bibbs RB 35: Apparently had some good runs and likes to stiff arm. The safeties mentioned he's strong.

Jerodis Williams RB 33: Mentioned by a linebacker and some players during a highlight video that he ran hard.

Bennie Fowler WR 16: Kayvon Webster mentioned he's difficult to cover. He couldn't even recall his name but seemed to impress him.

Isaiah Burse WR 19: Is apparently pretty fast and so far has emerged as the front runner for the return game. Can actually play a receiver a bit too.

Not hearing too many defenders mentioned, though I have heard players mentioned that have made plays on defense. If you guys hear of anyone who's received praise from their teammates post it here. It will give me something to watch during the crap that is preseason games.

From what I hear, EVERYONE is difficult for Webster to cover this camp.

Comment

Man, I want Bibbs to take that next step and lock up that No2 RB spot.
      I think we all knew Latimer was going to be a beast. No surprise there.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post
        Man, I want Bibbs to take that next step and lock up that No2 RB spot.
        Med didn't call this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
          He'll be here all week, folks!

Comment

Good thread idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
              Med didn't call this.
              Son of a biatch

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                as well as Roby your 3rd and 4th CBs behind Talib and Harris

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                  Did we? We'll need to see it on the field, but if he emerges, especially in his first year that would be huge. Remember we traded up to get him, and of note, the pick we acquired was originally the Chiefs which they used to buy Alex Smith from the Niners. How interesting is that - from a team that is desperate for receiving talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    Did we? We'll need to see it on the field, but if he emerges, especially in his first year that would be huge. Remember we traded up to get him, and of note, the pick we acquired was originally the Chiefs which they used to buy Alex Smith from the Niners. How interesting is that - from a team that is desperate for receiving talent.
                    Someone should post this on Chiefs Planet.

Comment

There's no need to be a tiny bit nervous about CB in July, but I am....

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
                        Someone should post this on Chiefs Planet.
                        Let's wait and make sure he's more Anquan Boldin than Adrian Madise. We haven't even had a preseason game yet.

Comment

Let's wait and make sure he's more Anquan Boldin than Adrian Madise. We haven't even had a preseason game yet.
                          Elway traded up for the guy in the deepest WR draft in recent memory that's good enough for me.

Comment

the broncos 2nd string Oline has been horrible the last few years as I recall the preseason games. Just flat awful. I hope they improve this year with a few new guys from the draft and Montgomery.

Comment

It's important to listen to the guys other players mention. Sometimes it's nothing, like the weird talk about how Corey Jackson was a sleeper one offseason. However most of the time there is something going on to get the other players' attention. Guys like Darrent Williams, Julius Thomas and Eric Decker were all rookies that were making an impact and enough of one to get their teammates to single them out. Here's who's been turning the other players' heads that I've heard so far...

Cody Latimer WR 14: Several players have mentioned how big and strong he plays. Big Al mentioned he plays a bit mean and that last years' team was a bit too nice and it was good to have some players that have "dog" in them. "He gets it." Obviously there have been stories about him already.

Kapri Bibbs RB 35: Apparently had some good runs and likes to stiff arm. The safeties mentioned he's strong.

Jerodis Williams RB 33: Mentioned by a linebacker and some players during a highlight video that he ran hard.

Bennie Fowler WR 16: Kayvon Webster mentioned he's difficult to cover. He couldn't even recall his name but seemed to impress him.

Isaiah Burse WR 19: Is apparently pretty fast and so far has emerged as the front runner for the return game. Can actually play a receiver a bit too.

Not hearing too many defenders mentioned, though I have heard players mentioned that have made plays on defense. If you guys hear of anyone who's received praise from their teammates post it here. It will give me something to watch during the crap that is preseason games.
                              I would recommend he not do that against Troy Polamalu though, hahaha. He might get his arm broken.

Comment

Working...
                              X