No announcement yet.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun Camp Report 7-27-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for doing this Hobo! Really appreciate it!

So word on the street, well from some news sources and some players, is Kapri Bibbs is making noise in camp. You mentioned he didn't do anything?

Comment

I went today too. Not anything memorable. But I really don't know what I'm looking at. CJ Anderson on an edge run was the most memorable thing I took from the "bubble" group of RB's.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
        Why does someone already have a Talib jersey?
        The guy to the right has a Ward jersey. I've had bad luck with current player jerseys so I'm done lol.

Comment

So what I am getting from this is.....

Latimer is Golden.

and...

Our backup QBs Suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
            So what I am getting from this is.....

Latimer is Golden.

and...

Our backup QBs Suck.
            Buy a Latimer jersey. Now.

Comment

Thanks for the write up Hobo
              Looking forward to hearing about the defense as most tweets/reports have been praising the defense so far

Glad to hear about Latimer, I was a big fan of his out of UI
              I thought for sure he would go on the first

Comment

Originally posted by Ambiguous View Post
                Buy a Latimer jersey. Now.
                idk.... I heard he had pain in his toe on day 1, and ware left practice today with a bruise.... we are ****ed

Comment

Originally posted by driver View Post
                  Thanks for the report and the pic's Hobo. Nice Noticed no mention of rb Williams??
                  When you do the D report let us know about the safety play. Been hearing Ward is really bringing attitude? What did you see from Q Carter?
                  Ummmm there are no RB's named Williams. I'm working on the D report now. Had to go to the gym, work out some soreness. The sun really beat me up today.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    Thanks for doing this Hobo! Really appreciate it!

So word on the street, well from some news sources and some players, is Kapri Bibbs is making noise in camp. You mentioned he didn't do anything?
                    Bibbs didn't do a lot of running today. Team seemed to be working a lot of passing out of the 311 and 221 personal groupings. He did catch a few swing and check down passes. Caught them all cleanly. Ball did do a "no no" when he bobbled a catch.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
                      Ummmm there are no RB's named Williams.
                      Jerodis Williams

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
                        . Well safe to say he didn't do much of anything.

Comment

Defense:
                          D-lineman:
                          Ware- Wow! Big, tall and fast! He gave fits to Clady and Clarke all day. Whether if it was a bull rush, speed rush, dip move, or rip move it didn't matter. He has all the tools. Love having him. Got to Manning on a theatrical "sack".

Williams- Sly is really making strides at DT. Not only is he fast in his pass rush moves. He's strong and able to keep O-linemen off of him and stretch running plays outside. His strength is even helping him more penetration on his pass rush. He was able to tip a pass against Manning.

Knighton- Real ability to push up the field, penetrate, and get to the RB's.

Vickerson- Its going to be hard to crack this starting lineup this year. Williams is coming on hard and Knighton is good at the run stuffing.

Wolfe- The Wolfe is BACK! He seems to have back to his playing weight and hasn't lost much of his quickness. He's able to keep the outside contain (Looking at you Ayers).

Jackson- Subbed in for Wolfe. Glad he's part of the rotation. Great at stunts, swinging around the DT and get a push around the G.

Q Smith- This guy could be Ware 2.0. Big, tall, quick. They were doing some stunting and switch moves in front of my section. Gets around the corner quick and isn't frail in anyway(looking at you Moss).

Austin- Didn't do much today.

LB's
                          McCray- I'm going to start off with McCray here. He's active. Pretty ok in coverage. Also came up on a delay blitz for a "sack" on Manning. Solidly in with the 2's, but if he continues to grow could over take Irving at the starting 4-3 LB.

Von- Never put his hand in the dirt. I'm just glad he's healthy. He's working a lot on his pass coverage skills.

Trevathan- We will not be missing WW at all. Starting WLB, nickle LB and Dime LB. Broke up a bunch of pass over the middle of the field.

Marshall- They're mixing and matching LB's on the "Nickle" defense. He took some snaps here. Seems to take good care of the zone. This is early in camp and the offense is throwing a lot of different things at them.

Much of practice the LB's were practice far away from.

CB's
                          Talib- Great CB. Sticks to his man. Physical guy vs. anybody.

Webster- Part of the 1's. He's not the worst, but there is a difference between Harris and Webster.

Roby- On all the Broncos sites say that Roby gets beat all the time. Did really see that today. Made a great play in the Endzone. Leaped in front of a pass for JT from Manning. Knocked it down. Great reaction.

T Carter- got the wind knocked out of him on a play, came back a few plays later.

Murphy- Of the rest of the CB's he showed well today. Good man-to-man skills.

Most all the rest of the CB's were quit.

S's
                          Ward- Haven't had a safety like him since ........Lynch! Lays the boom on WR coming over the middle. Did get beat once by JT, but it was 1-1 and offense has a huge advantage here. Otherwise great in coverage.

Rahim "The Dream" Moore- Can't believe he still calls himself that. Good center fielder type. Needs to work on his man-to-man skills. But got beat 1-1 vs. JT. But it was back endzone over the shoulder.

Ihenacho- Down to the 2's. Needs to get more consistency in his game. Good in zone more lost in man.

Q Carter- Down to the 2's/3's. Hope the best for him.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
                            Defense:.

S's
                            Ward- Haven't had a safety like him since ........Lynch! Lays the boom on WR coming over the middle. Did get beat once by JT, but it was 1-1 and offense has a huge advantage here. Otherwise great in coverage.

Rahim "The Dream" Moore- Can't believe he still calls himself that. Good center fielder type. Needs to work on his man-to-man skills. But got beat 1-1 vs. JT. But it was back endzone over the shoulder.

Ihenacho- Down to the 2's. Needs to get more consistency in his game. Good in zone more lost in man.

Q Carter- Down to the 2's/3's. Hope the best for him.
                            So the Williams buzz was all hype.
                            And with exception of Ward our deep secondary is s____, again.
                            I actually had some hope that with the return of Q and signing of Hagg we might have something positive going there. Apparently Hagg and Q haven't recovered from their respective injuries enough to push the (also guys) to the bench.

Well maybe JDR will figure a way to patch the holes enough to keep us from sinking. I just hate to start the season with an obvious weakness.
                            You know the good coaches like Bellycheck, the Harbaughs, Pagano, and Carrol wil find it and exploit it.
                            Last edited by driver; 07-28-2014, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Just curious? I was just over on the DB forum and saw a camp report that basically said our backup QB's were nothing but steaming hot piles of road apples. What do the posters here think? Some of you actually get to see the practices and can make some sort of an informed judgment about this.
                              Last edited by driver; 07-28-2014, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                                Why does someone already have a Talib jersey?
                                And his 2 buddies have a Ward and Manning jersey - bandwagoners

Comment

Working...
                                X