Clear All

• Anybody Headed To Mile High Today?

You know, for real futbol?

I'll be there. Man U!

West ham!

Comment

Is there a Soccer game today?

Comment

Yes, and **** the traffic around the stadium right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
          You know, for real futbol?

I'll be there. Man U!
          Not going, but I'm going to watch.

Love van Persie, but I'm going for Roma.

ManU? Yeah, so take everything that's wrong with the Cowboys and Patriots... then put them together and give them to a Euro football team... that's ManU.

Edit - Roma, not Liverpool
          Last edited by Mogulseeker; 07-26-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
            Is there a Soccer game today?
            The international champions cup (think the world cup of club teams, except it's every year instead of every four years) is in the US this year. There is a game @ Mile High today between Roma and Manchester United.
            Last edited by Mogulseeker; 07-26-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
              The international champions cup (think the world cup of club teams) is in the US this year. There is a game @ Mile High today between Liverpool and Manchester United.
              It's Roma, not Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by DBruleU View Post
                It's Roma, not Liverpool.
                **** forgot to look at the schedule. Don't really care about either team now that Bradley has left Roma.

I guess I'll pull for a 2-1 Roma win with a van Persie goal.

Hopefully Rooney takes a cleat in the ass or something.

Comment

That goal from midfield was ridiculous.

Comment

Keeper was way out of his net.

Kinda reminds me of this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/omO1PQehOUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

So was Rooney's

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
                        So was Rooney's
                        True that, Rooney bent that ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
                          Yes, and **** the traffic around the stadium right now.
                          Didn't get to my seat until the 57th minute. Bad traffic and no parking. Too many people there to just hang out.

Comment

Cool to see high-level soccer at that stadium, but they've got to do better with the logistics next time.

Don't open the top decks; fans are too far away from the action, there's none of the "feel" you get from an actual international match in Europe. Pack the people into the lower two bowls.

Open more than four gates for entry. Are you ****ing kidding, SAFMH? When we first arrived, there were two (2) gates open for entry. They opened two more. We got there 25 minutes before kick, and didn't get to our seats until 5 minutes in. That's absurd.

Lower the price point for the tickets. We paid $80 all in with fees to sit at midfield... halfway up the top deck. Because those tickets were so expensive, StubHub started having them for $30 the day of the game. Make it hard to get a ticket because it's popular, not because people can't afford it.

All in all, a pretty good experience, though I think playing in that facility has to be earned; they should probably be playing at Coors or Dick's until Denver catches up soccer-wise with KC and Seattle and Portland.

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
                              Cool to see high-level soccer at that stadium, but they've got to do better with the logistics next time.

Don't open the top decks; fans are too far away from the action, there's none of the "feel" you get from an actual international match in Europe. Pack the people into the lower two bowls.

Open more than four gates for entry. Are you ****ing kidding, SAFMH? When we first arrived, there were two (2) gates open for entry. They opened two more. We got there 25 minutes before kick, and didn't get to our seats until 5 minutes in. That's absurd.

Lower the price point for the tickets. We paid $80 all in with fees to sit at midfield... halfway up the top deck. Because those tickets were so expensive, StubHub started having them for $30 the day of the game. Make it hard to get a ticket because it's popular, not because people can't afford it.

All in all, a pretty good experience, though I think playing in that facility has to be earned; they should probably be playing at Coors or Dick's until Denver catches up soccer-wise with KC and Seattle and Portland.
                              Agreed @ lower the price point for tickets. My sister opted to buy us cheap upper level tickets, which is fine with me. But about 10 minutes into the game I saw big sections of the lower level wide open. We quickly just snuck down and since nobody was really checking tickets we stayed in the lower level for the rest of the game. And we were not alone by any stretch of the imagination. Clearly a lot of people passed on lower level pricing.

Anyways, lot of fun, real cool to see these guys play. I think they announced 54K in attendance, not bad I don't think. I'm still riding the World Cup bandwagon. I've never been too into soccer, but it's growing on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X