Manning's arm strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning's arm strength

I understand that there is limited footage so far but everything I have seen he looks to have a lot more zip on the ball. Last year it seemed he had some floaters . I kinda thought that's was just his style of play but man some of his throws this year are bullets.

Anyone else notice this ? Do you think it's just because he is fresh or do you think he is still rebuilding from his neck surgery ?
    Last edited by Quoydogs; 07-26-2014, 09:43 AM.

According to the coaching staff, Manning made muscle growth a priority this offseason. He also is one more year removed from his injury, so he's showing continued improvement there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
      Healthy ankles will help planting and do that.
      yeah, I think this is a lot of it. I remember this time last year the talk was about Manning's zip and I thought he had more zip toward the beginning of the season. Can't plant, don't get the torque needed on some passes.

Comment

I'm telling you if you go back and watch the few videos they posted. His throw looks totally different. Last year they always had an arch and a little floaty this year they are bullets. No wobble at all.

Comment

Wobble isn't bad.

Comment

Why are we even still talking about this. He just came off a record setting MVP campaign, another MVP caliber performance the year prior. Do we need any more proof this doesn't matter?

Comment

Looks like he fixed that Low T issue.

Comment

Dmac says otherwise. Panic!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Whew I know he's the MVP but any pass over 20 yards is wobble city. Most are complete but not all. Tons of emphasis on running contact tdy</p>&mdash; Darren McKee (@dmac1043) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmac1043/statuses/493078734178512896">July 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                  Bullets are better..
                  Whether bullets or wobbly ducks. What matters is does hit the tatget.

Comment

No worries. PFM forgot to eat his Tumeric injected Oysters that day. No big deal.

Comment

Wobble city. What state is that?

Comment

"Wobble City"..what day of camp is it? Nothing to see here, move along..

Comment

I feel like I keep posting this

http://youtu.be/hHE0sA2qKy0?t=5m56s

5:56

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hHE0sA2qKy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wobble > Bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                            Dmac says otherwise. Panic!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Whew I know he's the MVP but any pass over 20 yards is wobble city. Most are complete but not all. Tons of emphasis on running contact tdy</p>&mdash; Darren McKee (@dmac1043) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmac1043/statuses/493078734178512896">July 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                            DMac never knows what he's looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              DMac never knows what he's looking at.
                              Yes, most know this to be true. They also don't know that it is not always useless to post his tweets if you know how to interpret them.

Once again, as in the other thread, I offer a helpful hint -

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/RerJWv5vwxc?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/RerJWv5vwxc?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
                              Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 07-26-2014, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X