Joe Ellis has background to take over Pat Bowlen's Broncos duties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Ellis has background to take over Pat Bowlen's Broncos duties

Had Pat Bowlen not handpicked his successor and the Broncos instead used an independent search committee, Joe Ellis might well have landed the job on résumé alone.

Ellis got his start in the NFL by selling ads in the Broncos' GameDay program. He later worked as an intern in the NFL office, working his way up until he became cohorts with a promising administrator named Roger Goodell.

After returning to the Broncos, Ellis was put in charge of marketing, finance and, ultimately, the whole Broncos' organizational shebang.

"Anymore, to operate all the stuff for an NFL organization, you've got to have a feel for all of it," Broncos coach John Fox said. "Old, hard-core football people, they can't do that. You've got to deal with the owners. That's a different breed of cat, having been around a few. Dealing with marketing people. Dealing with football people. Joe's got great overall, expansive knowledge and experience to do his role. I think people skills are really important, and he does a tremendous job with that."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...obref=obinsite

Did anyone hear Ellis' interview this morning on the Fan? It was very enlightening. He was asked some good questions. One of them was with regards to mistakes the organization has made like with McDaniels. He said one of the reasons they move fast with bad situations is Bowlen would say "you can't fool anybody." And he explained the whole dog and pony show is about the fans and they know when a product is bad and they expect action. He also said people are more forgiving if you own it and move on.

I really hope the Monforts were listening. They are content to feed the general public BS and tell themselves they know better than us.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
      Did anyone hear Ellis' interview this morning on the Fan? It was very enlightening. He was asked some good questions. One of them was with regards to mistakes the organization has made like with McDaniels. He said one of the reasons they move fast with bad situations is Bowlen would say "you can't fool anybody." And he explained the whole dog and pony show is about the fans and they know when a product is bad and they expect action. He also said people are more forgiving if you own it and move on.

I really hope the Monforts were listening. They are content to feed the general public BS and tell themselves they know better than us.
      You don't win at the rate that Bowlen did if you do not understand that you have to do what it takes to win both in the PR department and on the field.
      Winning teams start from the top down.
      Winning is systemic, as is losing.

Comment

its all about the entertainment value. give the patrons good value entertainment and they will respond with brand loyalty. short change them and they will bid you adieu.

Comment

Originally posted by orinjkrush View Post
          its all about the entertainment value. give the patrons good value entertainment and they will respond with brand loyalty. short change them and they will bid you adieu.
          Like Main Stream Media

Comment

He's like George Bush's cousin or something, too.

Comment

I am very comfortable with Ellis taking over as CEO of the Broncos until an heir to the throne is appointed. Actually, it's this unknown heir that has me more nervous than Ellis does. But that is a worry for another day.

It will be interesting to see exactly how that heir is going to be selected. All we know now is it will be whatever kid proves to be the most worthy to take over. Anyway, hopefully it will be a chip off the old block, and not a disaster like Jerry Buss' kids have been so far.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                I am very comfortable with Ellis taking over as CEO of the Broncos until an heir to the throne is appointed. Actually, it's this unknown heir that has me more nervous than Ellis does. But that is a worry for another day.

It will be interesting to see exactly how that heir is going to be selected. All we know now is it will be whatever kid proves to be the most worthy to take over. Anyway, hopefully it will be a chip off the old block, and not a disaster like Jerry Buss' kids have been so far.
                Ellies knows what he's doing. The Bowlen's should just keep their trust and sign over the team to Ellis.

I'd be fine with Ellis as the new permanent CEO.

Comment

Working...
                X