Gameday Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gameday Threads

This will be my first season as an actual poster coming up, but I have lurked the past couple years and occasionally checked in on the gameday threads in hopes of easing my worries (which usually just increased after reading). Just wondering who all here religiously post on the gameday threads, how it effects their moods while watching the game, etc. I get pretty into the games and I'm kind of on the fence. My gut tells me I'll be on here plenty. (I was at the Cowboys and Texans games last year, and still found myself checking in on here now and then).

Artist's rendering of game day thread posting.

Comment

****ing Orton.

Comment

Touchdown Orton!!!

Comment

No one ever overreacts to anything and all opinions expressed are always completely grounded. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
            Gameday threads are unbelievably annoying to me.

You have to refresh every second if you want to read anything current. Not even counting all the b****ing, moaning and hand-wringing, the majority of the posts are just simple reportings of exactly what just happened ("run by knowshon") and exclamations that have no context, and they're so frequent there's no chance of having anything resembling a discussion until the game is actually over.

The chat room was the most fun. Not sure why it died off.
            When did the chat room die off? I'd be on board for an OM game chat.

Comment

It's all fun and games until Hamrob shows up.

Comment

1st and 10. 2nd and 1. 3rd and 1. 4th and 1.

It's on that level of frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                  It's all fun and games until Hamrob shows up.
                  That dude would show up drunk and commence hysterics.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                    That dude would show up drunk and commence hysterics.

I remember one game last year he was going to fly somewhere to kick another posters ass. Good times.

Comment

I remember one game last year he was going to fly somewhere to kick another posters ass. Good times.
                      Seems reasonable.

Comment

Rules of game day thread are the same as they are with really drunk people: No one is held accountable for comments, threats, passes on your wife and any and all things said or done during the game day thread. It's pure stream of consciousness on the visceral cocaine of emotion.

Comment

SOB I saw this thread and wondered how long I'd been asleep.

Comment

they are a fun read, especially after victories.

After reading them I tend to think that I am actually a rational fan after all.

Comment

A couple times when I was out at the bars boozin I'd drop a "don't make me go Hamrob on you" to various strangers.

Comment

Working...
                              X