Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaal Charles, 2 Year Extension -- 28 million.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaal Charles, 2 Year Extension -- 28 million.

Are you kidding me?

Excellent! He was always going to be Chief. Best we could hope for is he makes the Chiefs sink franchise QB money into a running back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
      Excellent! He was always going to be Chief. Best we could hope for is the Chiefs sink franchise QB money into Alex Smith.
      FIFY.

Comment

WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO POST?

Comment

He deserved to get paid, and I am glad the Chiefs obliged.

Comment

I see 2 years, 18.1 mil.

Still alot regardless though.

Comment

This from that article.

Kansas City Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles will report to training camp after all, reaching agreement with the team on a two-year contract extension worth a total of $28 million, sources confirmed to ESPN.

Comment

Mike Garafolo ‏<s>@</s>MikeGarafolo <small class="time"> 50m </small> Jamaal Charles was set to make $9.9 million over the next 2 seasons. Now has a contract for $28 million over the next four.

18 mil on top of that, makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                  I see 2 years, 18.1 mil.

Still alot regardless though.
                  Dude was 70% of their offense last year, or some crazy figure like that. I guess if they plan to do the same, maybe a two year contract makes a lot of sense.

One basket, lots of eggs.

Comment

Yeah but how much of that is guaranteed?

Comment

he's worth it to them.. Much better chedda spent than on some other prior FAs (Bowe, Flowers).

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                        Dude was 70% of their offense last year, or some crazy figure like that. I guess if they plan to do the same, maybe a two year contract makes a lot of sense.

One basket, lots of eggs.
                        35.8% to be exact. The next closest was a tad over 30%.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          Excellent! He was always going to be Chief. Best we could hope for is he makes the Chiefs sink franchise QB money into a running back.
                          Larry Johnson ran for 1,810 and 8 TDs after he signed his fat contract extension. That wouldn't be bad numbers of it wasn't over 3 seasons lol.

Comment

He is worht the $28 million. He is the whole offense you get rid of him and Smith would be even more exposed. The two year deal also helps the Chiefs as they won't have to pay for an old broken down player.

This is a good deal and only two years will not hurt their cap long term.

Comment

THIS is an EPIC Charles tweet...

I had no intention on holding out...I just ran out of gas on the way to camp and my cell phone battery died. It was a long walk I tell ya.

He's the enemy, but he has a sense of humor...

Comment

Working...
                              X