Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not turn it over to Elway instead of Ellis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not turn it over to Elway instead of Ellis?

What am I missing. If elway is the VP why doesn't he take over the Broncos ? I admit I have little knowledge in this department so any info would be great.

Seems to me in reading that Ellis was basically running the show when before Elway took over. We saw were that got us. Elway saved our team once again. Why would we give control back to Ellis ?
    Last edited by Quoydogs; 07-23-2014, 02:34 PM.

Ellis has been acting as the head for a while now, hasn't he? Why is he a dick exactly?

Comment

Because Bowlen owns the team and wants it to stay in his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
        What am I missing. If elway is the VP why doesn't he take over the Broncos ? I admit I have little knowledge in this department so any info would be great.
        I think when it comes to Football, John is the guy. But to uphold the Bowlen model (in contrast to say the Jerry Jones model), you need a layer of separation between ownership and team.

And if you were going to dick with that formula, this would not be the time. One, because of the "win now" product on the field.

And also because once John becomes a defacto owner, there's never any going back. Which would be tough to deal with while the Bowlens begin to try to sort all this out.

It makes sense to keep John's role what it is. At the very least until the team, and the Bowlens themselves enter a more transition-friendly period.

Really sad for Pat though that we didn't put it together for him last year. Guy should have gone out on top, on his own terms.

Comment

Ellis has been team president since 2011. It was evident this was coming when it was Ellis representing the broncos during this years owners meetings. Id rather see Elways attention on GM/VP duties. Stay the course.

Comment

Thread title is very disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
              ^ This.

I am not sure that right now is the time to start calling people in the organization part(s) of a man's anatomy.

Comment

Seems to me in reading that Ellis was basically running the show when before Elway took over. We saw were that got us. Elway saved our team once again. Why would we give control back to Ellis ?
                Yes, it's great that you can admit this, but you're somehow qualified to call Ellis a "dick" for something you know nothing about.

Comment

How do you know Joe Ellis is a "dick"?

Irresponsible thread title is irresponsible.

Comment

Lolz, leave it to Quoy. The VP is under the P which happens to be Ellis. Why should Ellis promote Elway over himself? The president get's to worry about all the fun stuff like stadium maintenance, advertising revenue, payroll taxes, depreciation ect. You really want Elway doing that? I prefer him to be focusing on the actual football side of things.

Thread title sucks btw.

Comment

"My job is to run the football side the way Pat Bowlen wants it to be run. Being around him for 30 years, I know what he wants," Elway said.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo — The first day of training camp for the Denver Broncos began with tears.

John Elway broke down and needed to pause to compose himself several times Wednesday as he reflected on the revelation that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen has relinquished ownership of the team because he is suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

"This place will never be the same," Elway said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...onal/13052219/

Comment

Originally posted by Broncobiv View Post
                        Yes, it's great that you can admit this, but you're somehow qualified to call Ellis a "dick" for something you know nothing about.
                        From what I have read on here he is a dick. So that is what I know. Please prove me wrong.

YOU ALL ARE OVER SENSITIVE !

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                          Ellis has been acting as the head for a while now, hasn't he? Why is he a dick exactly?
                          Because some fans who don't know what they are talking about blame him for hiring McDumbass, while at the same time won't give him any credit for firing him, and then subsequently hiring Elway. In other words, Ellis got the blame for hiring him, but Bowlen got the credit for cutting his losses with the idiot, and then hiring Elway.

The McD era & debacle of 2009 & 2010 needed a scapegoat, and Ellis was the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                            ^ Agreed -- edited the thread title. Sorry Quoy; simply not the right time for insults.

Comment

From what I have read on here he is a dick. So that is what I know. Please prove me wrong.

YOU ALL ARE OVER SENSITIVE !
                              That's your first mistake.

Comment

Working...
                              X