Who follows Pat Bowlen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who follows Pat Bowlen?

Didn't want to derail the other thread and have this thread focus on the post Bowlen ownership era. It is said that the team will be left to his family, but nobody in particular. Hopefully we are not looking at a similar situation that the Lakers faced when Dr. Buss left the Lakers to his family members and they divided up responsibility--now it's an absolute mess.

The press release may have been vague on purpose. I'd hope that some careful planning would be going into future ownership.

Comment

John Elway.

It sounds like it is in a trust and they hope a kid can run it, but I don't know if they could. Let Elway do it.

Comment

Originally posted by huh?? View Post
        The press release may have been vague on purpose. I'd hope that some careful planning would be going into future ownership.
        There was a rumor that nobody in the Bowlen family was interested in running the team, that may be why it was so vague. They hope someone steps up but what if nobody does?

Comment

Originally posted by 24champ View Post
          There was a rumor that nobody in the Bowlen family was interested in running the team, that may be why it was so vague. They hope someone steps up but what if nobody does?
          I thought a decade ago the team was put into a trust with the family. Planning for the team to stay with them after he's gone

Comment

I don't know anything about Bowlen's kids, but I hope they don't start squabbling over ownership. That can get really, really ugly. Look at the Koch brothers (for those who don't know, there are four of them, not just the two you always hear about, and they've been at each other's throats and litigating against each other for decades).

Comment

What are the tax issues if the trust sell the team versus Bowlen?

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                John Elway.

It sounds like it is in a trust and they hope a kid can run it, but I don't know if they could. Let Elway do it.
                I'd rather he stay as the GM...

Comment

Local radio was saying until Pat Bowlen actually passes it will be Ellis and Elway's show.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    Local radio was saying until Pat Bowlen actually passes it will be Ellis and Elway's show.
                    Agreed, let Elway run the football side, he's never let us down.

"My job is to run the football side the way Pat Bowlen wants it to be run. Being around him for 30 years, I know what he wants," Elway said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...onal/13052219/

Comment

Originally posted by 24champ View Post
                      Didn't want to derail the other thread and have this thread focus on the post Bowlen ownership era. It is said that the team will be left to his family, but nobody in particular. Hopefully we are not looking at a similar situation that the Lakers faced when Dr. Buss left the Lakers to his family members and they divided up responsibility--now it's an absolute mess.
                      A happier example would be what the Steelers went through, in which Dan Rooney negotiated with his siblings to purchase the 30% required to be the controlling owner. I'm not sure how they were able to skirt the 30% requirement for so long but maybe there's an exception for that when a team is inherited by multiple people.

Comment

This is the unedited version of the quote.

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post

"My job is to run the football side the way Pat Bowlen wants it to be run. Being around him for 30 years, and the fact that I'm John ****ing Elway, a perfect mix of amazing, manliness and raw masculinity - a paragon of competitive spirit and pure awesome - I know what he wants, because everyone wants what I got." Elway said.

Comment

I use to follow him all around... here and there... and everywhere. then the courts produced a paper saying I no longer could.

Comment

Does anyone know if Mr. Bowlen has any single daughters?

I mean, my oldest son is a little young to be getting married. And sure, we probably always hoped he would marry in a Mormon temple. But I'm willing to take one for the team here.

Not that this has any bearing on things, whatsoever - but I'm thinking this would be a boon to my sports memorabilia collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
                              I use to follow him all around... here and there... and everywhere. then the courts produced a paper saying I no longer could.
                              Same thing happened with me and Renee Herlocker. Apparently, the stupid judge has never seen a romantic comedy.

Comment

Working...
                              X