The Strain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Strain

If this has already been discussed, my apologies.
    It's a new show on FX that sirs Sunday nights. So far its been excellent. Written by Guillermo DelToro, it's not just another vamp flick.
    The pilot had a Walking Dead worthy gruesome killing in it that will take your breath. I saw a review that best describes it as, "Vampire CSI".... It's received a. 72 on Metacritic, which is great .

Loving it so far. Super gory for a TV show too. Great story line thru 2 episodes.

Comment

I'm liking it. I guess some of the casting so far but it is good. Problem is I don't think there's any way they can follow the books.

Comment

Guess I'll have to check it out. The Leftovers on HBO has been pretty good so far as well, IMO.

Comment

Enjoying it so far

Comment

Good to hear the positive feedback. I haven't had time to watch, but I read a couple of reviews before it was televised saying that it was basically ****.

Comment

Meh I'm tired of it already along with tyrant. The lead actor in this show is both annoying and weak; just can't get into it. Also defiance and the other syfy new show are sauce as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                Yeah, I'm pretty into that one.
                I'm trying to get into Leftovers, but can't seem to do it. I'll probably continue watching it because I'm not watching much else.

I miss silicon valley

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                  Yeah, I'm pretty into that one.
                  I'm digging The Leftovers but there are some things that don't make sense to me. If 2 percent of the people disappear then that town was disproportionately affected. Also, I find it odd that everything seems to have taken a religious tone (understandable) but a church shuts down due to lack of attendance and people were anti-religious there?

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                    Meh I'm tired of it already along with tyrant. The lead actor in this show is both annoying and weak; just can't get into it. Also defiance and the other syfy new show are sauce as well.
                    Try "The Last Ship"

I caught it a couple episodes in and thought it was trash then my DVR picked up a marathon and I got caught up from the start and it is much better when you know what is going on.

Clearly The Last Ship is not epic TV but it is the summer fun blockbuster type movie that we didn't get in the theaters this year.

It is produced by Michael Bay so there is cornball type stuff and explosions and situations that are not based in reality but if you follow it from the start and buy into it, it is OK. I will say the Island episode was bad and the Russian Admiral was a reach but of all the END OF DAYS shows on this one is the least realistic and most fun from a USA! USA! USA! Explode things, Guns and Broads viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                      Try "The Last Ship"

I caught it a couple episodes in and thought it was trash then my DVR picked up a marathon and I got caught up from the start and it is much better when you know what is going on.

Clearly The Last Ship is not epic TV but it is the summer fun blockbuster type movie that we didn't get in the theaters this year.

It is produced by Michael Bay so there is cornball type stuff and explosions and situations that are not based in reality but if you follow it from the start and buy into it, it is OK. I will say the Island episode was bad and the Russian Admiral was a reach but of all the END OF DAYS shows on this one is the least realistic and most fun from a USA! USA! USA! Explode things, Guns and Broads viewpoint.
                      The Last Ship is corny but not bad TV. Also I already like it more than the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                        The Last Ship is corny but not bad TV. Also I already like it more than the book.
                        Didn't read the book but I like it. It sort of reminds me a lot of ST TOS. With the Engine issues, the security dudes getting killed, the strong captain, the evil klingon, I mean Russian, adversary, etc...

I don't get why the Captain would trust and integrate the Gitmo guy so quickly but again it is a summer TV that has explosions and snowmobiles jumping while getting shot at from corporate helicopters who miss badly.

Comment

Doesn't GDT know that vampires are supposed to be sparkly? Epic fail.

Comment

awesome show. reminds me of the vamps on Blade 2

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                              I'm trying to get into Leftovers, but can't seem to do it. I'll probably continue watching it because I'm not watching much else.

I miss silicon valley
                              Have a feeling we're all going to get d##### watching leftovers considering one of the writer is from LOST I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X