Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghwk View Post
    Porkys was one of the worst movies ever made IMO
    I don't agree, but It is VERY overrated.

Comment

There's so much wool you could knit a sweater....

Comment

"Today's PC World." - Don't worry fellas, movies (and media in general) are still saturated with racism and sexism, it's just more subtle these days. Comedy itself is more subtle, it's evolving. But i also think it has a lot to do with our evolution as a culture. Not only do we "know" that it's frowned upon to make fun of or place negative judgments on others for their differences, but we are probably starting to internalize these feelings as a result of both repeated exposure and reinforcement of the cultural norms and our growing social experiences with members of those marginalized groups.

Also, I think one function of humor is to ease tensions. In many ways racial and sexual identity tensions are starting to fade in this country as a result of more and more public acceptance and tolerance of differences, so that type of humor is less relevant.

For me, there are a million things that you could find humor in in a given day and in writing a script. To focus on things like sex and race seems both lazy and in poor taste.

Comment

Give me this guy every day....him. Pryor. Murphy. Etc. over the nanny state comedians.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
            Would Mahoney hood-winking Proctor, Mauser, Harris and other antagonists into the Blue Oyster Bar fly today in the PC world?

Comment

Very subtle

Comment

It's a simple question, doctor. Would you eat the moon if it were made of cheese?

Comment

Arnswer: I don't see why it wouldn't play today.

Comment

Get me some more watermelon, white fat ass slut! Whatchu lookin at?

Comment

What about the Revenge of the Nerds "Moon Room" scene?

Comment

These days Scott Howard would of been ran off the the Basketball team. That, and Styles would of been banging Boof the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by razorwire77 View Post
                          What about the Revenge of the Nerds "Moon Room" scene?
                          He took a big risk eating that Pie, incognito. Thats rape if she didn't like the cunniligus or the reveal.

Not very plausible in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                            These days Scott Howard would of been ran off the the Basketball team. That, and Styles would of been banging Boof the whole time.
                            Boof. That such and awesome name, wonder how she got that? a close second that kid they called Boner on Family Ties-

they called him Boner on family TV- classic

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                              He took a big risk eating that Pie, incognito. Thats rape if she didn't like the cunniligus or the reveal.

Not very plausible in reality.
                              The original Nerds movie is the ultimate litmus PC test.

1.) Betty cunniligus or bust scene
                              2.) Lamar Latrell
                              3.) The burning of the word Nerds that looks eerily like a KKK burning cross.

Comment

Whats a querstion?

Comment

Working...
                                X