Get ready for the Legion of Boom rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get ready for the Legion of Boom rule

As explained by FOX’s Mike Pereira on Twitter, a former NFL V.P. of officiating, illegal contact and defensive holding will be a point of emphasis in 2014.

As a practical matter, it’s the Legion of Boom rule. In 2013, the Seahawks brazenly committed illegal contact and holding, knowing that, if illegal contact happens on every play, the officials won’t throw a flag on every play. In an intriguing segment that aired on NBCSN’s NFL Turning Point, Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman was displaying to a teammate on the practice field techniques for concealing illegal contact.

This year, the officials may be far more inclined to throw flags...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-boom-rule/

This is one of the reasons I said in the other thread that I didn't know if Talib was an upgrade. I figured they wouldn't let him get away with what the Pats & Seahawks do.

As long as the refs are consistent with EVERYONE, I'm cool with Talib. When guys like Sherman, Revis, etc get special treatment, then it's a problem.

Comment

They will still call it a lot in the pre season, some in the regular season and hardly at all in the post season.

Comment

I still find it amazing that there were multiple games last season where the Pats didn't get called for a single penalty of any kind. The league didn't even attempt to disguise the bias.

Comment

Manning just got 5 more TD's

Comment

Goddamn the NFL will do anything to help Manning win another ****ing ring

The Seahawks turned the Broncos pick screens back on them and this is what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post

The Seahawks turned the Broncos pick screens back on them and this is what happens.
              he mad

Comment

I have a wild idea: enforce the rules in the postseason exactly as they are enforced during the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                  I have a wild idea: enforce the rules in the postseason exactly as they are enforced during the regular season.
                  Ding! Ding! Fuxking Ding!

Comment

Nope. Not how this NFL works. Consistency, equity? Roger Goodell craves not these things.

Comment

Never happen, flags cut into ad time and at 1 mil per 30 seconds you ain't gonna see flags fly.

Comment

There is a completely different set of rules for the post season. Why is this allowed to happen? Why is this acceptable and even condoned by the league? Seattle smartly took advantage of the lack of enforcement for downfield contact. They press the **** out of everyone to disrupt their timing, and outright tackle anyone that gets an initial clean release. Blatant interference is rarely penalized... and even if enforced it is better than a touchdown. We don't need new rules. Just uniform enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by KCStud View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                            They will still call it a lot in the pre season, some in the regular season and hardly at all in the post season.
                            Agreed

Comment

they won't call it in the playoffs....

Comment

Working...
                              X