Superbowl XLVIII Sound FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randerson1184 View Post
    If you quit on your team, you're not a fan. Period.

I've watched this a few times. Our running game clearly needs to improve next year, but I think it starts with the offensive line. Beadles whiffed way too many blocks and was simply out-muscled on far too many occasions (throughout the season, not just the SB). Replacing him with Franklin is a great first step towards improving the running game.
    Beadles was hot garbage most of last season. Can't hold up at the point of attack, always get's pushed back. However, I've heard that he was the one making most of the calls/checks for the line, but I don't know if that is entirely accurate.

Comment

Quit on a team? Yes. Quit on a game that is horrible because you don't want to endure the pain of it? It's painful BECAUSE you are a fan. And by the way, you don't get to decide what makes someone a "true fan." You aren't the Federal Head of Fandom issuing true fan licenses. Fans support their team in a variety of ways.

Comment

best thing about watching that was Kurt Russell. thanks for making me a)puke in my shoe and b)get back to humble just in time for training camp.

Comment

I quit on that game long after the coaches and players did. Just like I did in the SF SB. I love the Broncos but I'm not a masochist.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
            Quit on a team? Yes. Quit on a game that is horrible because you don't want to endure the pain of it? It's painful BECAUSE you are a fan. And by the way, you don't get to decide what makes someone a "true fan." You aren't the Federal Head of Fandom issuing true fan licenses. Fans support their team in a variety of ways.
            Yeah i stopped watching that **** midway through the 3rd quarter. Went for a walk, checked my phone on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
              Yeah i stopped watching that **** midway through the 3rd quarter. Went for a walk, checked my phone on and off.
              That's about how long I lasted. Took down my flag and brought in the Broncos lawn gnome. The wife took it better and put them right back out.

I took a walk for the rest of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post
                Took down my flag and brought in the Broncos lawn gnome.
                It's stuff like this, when you know it's serious...and I am not even being a smart ass. For me, I calmly took my jersey and hat off. And just sat there pouting. Pretty much like this:

It's our little "ok team, **** you" moments that I love.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                  It's stuff like this, when you know it's serious...and I am not even being a smart ass. For me, I calmly took my jersey and hat off. And just sat there pouting. Pretty much like this:

It's our little "ok team, **** you" moments that I love.
                  That's why I love this place still. We all know that exact feeling.

Comment

Jeez I forgot how bad that was. Cupcakes vs Hyenas.

Comment

I watched every minute of the actual game. Who knows how long it would take to get back to a super bowl. I felt sick the entire time. There were rage fits, screaming and lots of alcohol.

Re-watching the sound fx brings all of those feelings back with a vengeance. **** that. I could only make it into the 3rd of that ****.

Comment

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/XAbY2cmEsS0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/XAbY2cmEsS0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

I was laughing by the time Harvin plunged the dagger at the start of the second half. My team sure knows how to bomb. It would be hard to throw a game in such a spectacular fashion. It was almost a work of modern art.

Comment

I had some friends over for the game....about halfway through the game, I wanted everyone to just leave. They aren't Denver fans and probably secretly enjoyed the schadenfreude of the game....they are Browns and Bengals fans, so they probably secretly loved every minute of my agony.

I don't think I barely said a word after the start of the 3rd period....I just wanted the game to end and for everyone to go home.

I was like a crock pot and I slowly stewed all game, but someone forgot to turn the temp down and after everyone left I couldn't sleep, didn't feel like cleaning up, I just sat in my chair sulking about the 4 hour letdown I had just witnessed.

I just kept smoking bowl after bowl trying to smoke myself into a stupor.

That game sucked hairy ape nuts....Denver didn't bother to show up and then they put up about as much fight as Samwell Tarly did when he first got to The Wall and had to train in the 'Game of Thrones'.

What a fun ride it was all season....and that one single game left dirty **** stains over everything else that happened all season.

Comment

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/dOibtqWo6z4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/dOibtqWo6z4?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

I remember being very concerned about the potential for cold weather. Never considered the possibility of a category 5 shiatstorm.

Comment

Working...
                                X