Things to do in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in Boston

Im going to be in Boston for the first time during September. Already checked the Redsox schedule and they are out of town that particular week. I really wanted to see a game at Fenway, but no dice. I was hoping to get some ideas so that I can start planning. Thanks in advance.

I recommend seeing the old tall ships in the harbor. Take a drive toward Vermont to see the fall colors they are spectacular on the East Coast in late Sept you may catch some color. Go apple picking on the way

Have a beer with Beantown, he'll be pissed if you don't

Comment

Go find Tom Brady and **** punt that ****er.

Comment

Pagliuca's in the North End is amazing, although I'm pretty sure there some Mafia **** going on there. Tia's is about the best seafood I've had. Regina's pizza is consistently rated as some of the best. Bartley's Burgers near Harvard yard is also very, very good and well known among Harvard students. Ray Bourque has a restaurant there too, called Tresca. You go partly for the name, I know, so it compares to Elways in that regard, but it's Italian food.

Boston is a great art city. The Museum of Fine Arts in Boston is one of the most impressive galleries I've ever seen outside of Europe (only the MET in New York and The Smithsonian in DC compare). The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is almost as impressive.

Thaniel Hall is really popular, although I don't see what the huge deal is. Skip it and grab a beer at the real, original Cheers (from the TV show).

Harvard is actually a less than impressive campus, but if you can make your way out there, you can still be awed by the amazing scientists, writers, world leaders that made their way through there.

The North End is really, really cool. You can tour the Freedom Trail is US history is your thing. Interestingly, along it you can visit Paul Revere's house, which has been carefully preserved... and you can stop by JFK's church.

Modern Pastry has some of the top rated cannolis out there. But you can wait in line an hour for one, and there's a limit to how many you can get.

Boston also has one of the best Aquariums in the world if that is your thing.
        Last edited by Mogulseeker; 07-18-2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Comment

Totally forgot: The JFK museum is in Boston, too.

Also, you can tour the USS Constitution, which is the oldest commissioned ship in the Navy.

Boston is an amazing city, save idiot sports fans. I would live there if I wasn't so attached to Denver. (Married to Denver, Boston is my mistress).

Comment

If you are into breweries, don't waste your time at Sam Adams. Harpoon is much better.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Boston is the headquarters for Colon Blow and if you take the tour they give free samples. Don't miss the enema room!

Comment

Park your car in Harvard Yard?

Comment

Take a piss on Gillette stadium...

Comment

fill the hotel tub with jello, a hand full of goofballs and let the let the weirdness commence.

Comment

Leave before the accent drives you to murder somebody.

Comment

NEVER NEVER ENTER A ROTARY IN BOSTON. NEVER!

Comment

Working...
                              X