Offers extended to DT/JT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offers extended to DT/JT

STATELINE, Nev. — The Denver Broncos have made contract offers to star wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and tight end Julius Thomas and will continue negotiating with both players after training camp opens July 24, Broncos general manager John Elway said Wednesday.

"Nothing is going to get done before camp, but we'll keep talking to them in camp," Elway told USA TODAY Sports after playing a practice round of golf at the American Century Championship near Lake Tahoe.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lway/12755057/

All right.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>John Elway: Broncos want to work on a new contract with Julius Thomas, but it won&#39;t be near the Jimmy Graham level <a href="http://t.co/7WfoG4Sp10">http://t.co/7WfoG4Sp10</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/489555718388060161">July 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Regarding DT, his offer would put him among the five highest-paid receivers in the NFL. They&#39;re negotiating the guarantees.</p>&mdash; Vic Lombardi (@VicLombardi) <a href="https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/statuses/489554009665986560">July 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Not the greatest comments to JT, although he is right.

Hope they can sign at least one of them before the season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
            Not the greatest comments to JT, although he is right.

Hope they can sign at least one of them before the season starts.
            ya he could have kept that thought to himself.

Comment

Julius Thomas is a nice complimentary weapon, but he's crazy if he thinks he deserves Jimmy Graham money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                Julius Thomas is a nice complimentary weapon, but he's crazy if he thinks he deserves Jimmy Graham money.
                Obviously but you dont say that during contract negotiations.

Comment

I thought PFT's paraphrase sounded worse than Elway's actual quote. Though he did say they weren't on the same "level".

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                    Obviously but you dont say that during contract negotiations.
                    Why not? His comments are true and everyone including JT should know it. If JT's sense of reality is clouded, it becomes crystal clear once he digests the terms of the contract. And since these agreements are shared publicly once signed, there's nothing to hide from the fan base with respect to protecting his ego.

Comment

Let's get them done! I'm confident Elway has got it under control.

Comment

10 mil a year is the kind of cash you pay a tight end that dictates coverage. As soon as he starts asking for that kind of money, I'd put on the Super Bowl tape and ask him to point out where the f--k he was hiding.

Comment

I don't really have a issue with what Elway said. It's true and you want it out there so that the agent knows it's off limits.

I think both get re-signed soon. I would guess DT for 5-6 years and JT for 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                            I don't really have a issue with what Elway said. It's true and you want it out there so that the agent knows it's off limits.

I think both get re-signed soon. I would guess DT for 5-6 years and JT for 3-4.
                            I love Julius but if he and his agent wanted that, they were on drugs, what Elway said was true but i wouldnt of said it publicly.

Both should get 5 years.

Comment

I like that Elway tells it like it is. If the offer has really already been extended then JT and camp are probably well aware that he's not seen by the FO as at Graham's level. Should come as a surprise to no one.

Comment

Working...
                              X