X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos' House of Cards Could Come Tumbling Down in 2014

Denver Broncos Built on a House of Cards

July 13, 2014 8:45 pm EDT by Kevin Saito gplus

Denver has had a terrific offseason and most definitely seem to the class of the AFC at this point — at least on paper. But they’re on dangerous ground. If the line doesn’t hold up and Ball doesn’t step up, they are one injury to Manning away from having the whole house of cards come crashing down around them.

rest of article here: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/0...%20BroncosGrid

WHat a piece of **** article. Denver is one Manning injury away from being a fraud in the NFL....... Can't you say that about the Pats, Packers and Saints as well?

"Gee Denver if the best QB in the NFL goes down you might not be very good."

Wow, what horrible writing.

Attention Broncos' fans: If Manning gets hurt they probably won't win the Super Bowl!!!

They also stress that Denver lost Zane Beadles..... sigh...

Comment

You could say the same thing every season. Who cares

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
        You could say the same thing every season. Who cares
        They also brought up the fact that he has had four neck surgeries!! Who Knew

Comment

Any team that loses their starting qb if screwed. Even if any teams line and running game doesn't work too well they would be hosed also.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
            Any team that loses their starting qb if screwed. Even if any teams line and running game doesn't work too well they would be hosed also.
            I disagree. I don't think KFC will be any worse if Smith gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
              WHat a piece of **** article. Denver is one Manning injury away from being a fraud in the NFL....... Can't you say that about the Pats, Packers and Saints as well?

"Gee Denver if the best QB in the NFL goes down you might not be very good."

Wow, what horrible writing.

Attention Broncos' fans: If Manning gets hurt they probably won't win the Super Bowl!!!

They also stress that Denver lost Zane Beadles..... sigh...
              I think this team has been and is being build with a eye on that eventuality, no Manning!

It started with a second round pick for a QB, continued with a second round pick for a running back and this year it was a second round wide receiver.

You could also make a case for all the defensive first round picks being undertook to create a strong defense to give Manning's replacement time to find his legs.

You could also make a case this roster was build to win now, I think it is both. Remarkable job Mr. Elway!!
              Last edited by baja; 07-13-2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I disagree. I don't think KFC will be any worse if Smith gets hurt.
                They would be worse and they have no chance anyways. I think they will be lucky to win 8 games. I'm talking franchise QBs.

Comment

1. The author is a Raider fan. Another one of his articles explains why the Raiders will win the West this year. Seriously. The Raiders are the one team that cannot win the west.
                  2. Every fan who is jealous, but especially Raider and Chief fans, have been saying the same thing: That if Maning gets hurt our team will implode.
                  3. Manning is a very durable player. He never lets himself take hits and he gets rid of the ball very quickly. The reputation of him being fragile really has no basis to it beyond the hope of bitter Chief and Raider fans.
                  4. The fact that losing our QB long term would doom us is pretty much true of every team that has an at least decent QB.
                  5. This is Rant Sports. The only thing to make bleacher report look reputable. And now that Bleacher is hiring real journalists, Rant sports is filling the "I'm a stupid fan here's an article about my stupid opions" niche.

Comment

"IF"

Comment

What a stupid article. As others have said, you can say this about any team with a great QB that might go down. How will GB do? How will Carolina do? How will NE do? Stupid article.

This team has two weak spots on paper, HB and LB. At LB you have Travathan and Miller who are standout players so even that is a little over estimated. Depth is an issue. The rest of our team insanely deep at WR, OL, DL, and DB. I'd argue we have stocked our QB position well. We are bringing Osweiler along like a quality QB should be brought into the NFL. He's sat a couple years watching the best in the business under center, similar to what happened with Aaron Rodgers. IF he had to step in, as mentioned, we have the WR's and OL to allow him to be successful. With the running game, we have two 2nd and 3rd round draft picks sitting at the top of the depth chart right now from the past two drafts.

Denver should feel great going into the season, we are as stocked on the depth chart as any team in the league. Now we need to hope they can stay healthy.

Comment

Denver Broncos Built on a House of Cards

July 13, 2014 8:45 pm EDT by Kevin Saito gplus

Denver has had a terrific offseason and most definitely seem to the class of the AFC at this point — at least on paper. But they’re on dangerous ground. If the line doesn’t hold up and Ball doesn’t step up, they are one injury to Manning away from having the whole house of cards come crashing down around them.

rest of article here: http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/0...%20BroncosGrid
                        Well that was pointless. Just about every team in the league is screwed if their QB goes down. While it would be a season killer if Manning got hurt, I think the team is in a better situation with it's backup QB than the majority of the league. I truly have faith in Osweiler being a really good QB when he gets his opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
                          I think this team has been and is being build with a eye on that eventuality, no Manning!

It started with a second round pick for a QB, continued with a second round pick for a running back and this year it was a second round wide receiver.

You could also make a case for all the defensive first round picks being undertook to create a strong defense to give Manning's replacement time to find his legs.

You could also make a case this roster was build to win now, I think it is both. Remarkable job Mr. Elway!!
                          The job Elway and his staff have done with the roster really is incredible. Made a team that has so much talent that can win now, and also has the team set up for the future with a nice crop of younger players who are just now about to start coming into their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                            1. The author is a Raider fan. Another one of his articles explains why the Raiders will win the West this year. Seriously. The Raiders are the one team that cannot win the west.
                            2. Every fan who is jealous, but especially Raider and Chief fans, have been saying the same thing: That if Maning gets hurt our team will implode.
                            3. Manning is a very durable player. He never lets himself take hits and he gets rid of the ball very quickly. The reputation of him being fragile really has no basis to it beyond the hope of bitter Chief and Raider fans.
                            4. The fact that losing our QB long term would doom us is pretty much true of every team that has an at least decent QB.
                            5. This is Rant Sports. The only thing to make bleacher report look reputable. And now that Bleacher is hiring real journalists, Rant sports is filling the "I'm a stupid fan here's an article about my stupid opions" niche.
                            While I find the article delusional, I think Oakland is going to be very improved this year. I can easily see Oakland moving out of the cellar in this division. They are improved and the odds of KC playing a full season against backups and catching every break they did last season again this year are very long.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                              What a stupid article. As others have said, you can say this about any team with a great QB that might go down. How will GB do? How will Carolina do? How will NE do? Stupid article.

This team has two weak spots on paper, HB and LB. At LB you have Travathan and Miller who are standout players so even that is a little over estimated. Depth is an issue. The rest of our team insanely deep at WR, OL, DL, and DB. I'd argue we have stocked our QB position well. We are bringing Osweiler along like a quality QB should be brought into the NFL. He's sat a couple years watching the best in the business under center, similar to what happened with Aaron Rodgers. IF he had to step in, as mentioned, we have the WR's and OL to allow him to be successful. With the running game, we have two 2nd and 3rd round draft picks sitting at the top of the depth chart right now from the past two drafts.

Denver should feel great going into the season, we are as stocked on the depth chart as any team in the league. Now we need to hope they can stay healthy.
                              Agreed. Replace Broncos with any other name and it's the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X