OT - Riot Fest loses permit - scramble mode on for promoters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Riot Fest loses permit - scramble mode on for promoters

I know this is probably not that important to anyone here, but I found it quite interesting because I've organized and promoted a lot of shows in my day.

These guys did this event last year in the same location (I believe) and then had it all planned out for this year. Only problem is, their permit wasn't secure.

Well, this is what happens when you try to do an event in a town full of people over the age of "Get off my lawn"

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_26...ay-music-event

Rule #1 - secure your effing permits.
    Rule #2 - SECURE YOUR EFFING PERMITS!!

Riot Fest organizers released a statement Friday saying their three-day music extravaganza will still go on in Colorado, just hours after Arapahoe County announced that it would not issue a temporary-use permit for the event to happen in Byers.

On its Facebook page, Riot Fest said a "nearby alternate location" would be announced early next week.

"All tickets will be honored at the new location," the statement reads. "Riot Fest in Denver is NOT canceled, the show will go on, and rock n roll never dies."

Riot Fest, which features well known rock and punk acts such as Primus, The Cure, Wu-Tang Clan and Slayer, was scheduled for Sept. 19-21 at May Farms in Byers. It made its first appearance in the state last year, also at May Farms.

More than 200 people packed the American Legion Hall in Byers to comment on the planned Riot Fest concert at an Arapahoe County Commissioners meeting Tuesday night, July 1, 2014. (Karl Gehring, The Denver Post)
    The festival was expected to attract 17,000 people a day to Byers, a town of just over 1,000 residents located about 40 miles east of Denver.

Riot Fest organizers have 10 days to appeal to the county.

In her letter of denial, Arapahoe County Zoning Administrator Tammy King said Byers had "a general sense of being overrun with traffic and people" from Riot Fest in 2013.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_26...ay-music-event
    Last edited by crush17; 07-11-2014, 01:42 PM.

That is lame -- my friends are playing that bill and the one in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
      is the guy in the blue shirt holding a posterboard pic of C3P0?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
        You mean R2D2?

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          You mean R2D2?
          yeah probably. glad to see you see it too

Comment

It probably doesn't help you guys called it "Riot Fest." "Hello villagers. We want to have 'Smash N' Grab' in your humble town."

Comment

It seems strange to me that The Cure is playing at an event called Riot Fest.

Comment

when did wu tang become rock or punk?

Comment

Originally posted by kent156 View Post
                  when did wu tang become rock or punk?
                  Same with Slayer... punk

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    It probably doesn't help you guys called it "Riot Fest." "Hello villagers. We want to have 'Smash N' Grab' in your humble town."
                    Exactly......nice sales job by the promoters. lol

Comment

I went last year and the shows were pretty awesome. Combined the MNF vs Oakland trip with a day of Riot Fest.

Comment

Just a bizzare lineup. Some alright bands.... I just gof to see DI this year. And will make the god damn gallows and black flag shows. not gonna go though because to many retards
                        Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 07-12-2014, 03:12 PM.

Comment

If you go, definitely check out Manchester Orchestra

Comment

Music is definitely out of the question.

But you can smoke all the pot you want. What a ****ed up state.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X