No announcement yet.

**** you, Dick Monfort!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Tulo basically said a few weeks ago that he wouldn't be pissed if they traded him if the deal helped the franchise?

Comment

I guess I don't understand the complaint. I would never spend money to go see the Rockies. They're awful. I go to games, but somebody else, like my compnay for a corp event, has to pay. My point is...don't waste your time sending this rich guy any letters or messages. Just don't give them your money.

And the next time one of the teams wants a new venue...vote no.

Comment

Monfort is a business man. He believes that since the office culture and working environment around the building is positive there is no reason to change. He's comfortable with O'Dowd. He's comfortable with everything. He probably wishes the team was playing better, but isn't willing to get his hands dirty to change the status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
          Monfort is a business man. He believes that since the office culture and working environment around the building is positive there is no reason to change. He's comfortable with O'Dowd. He's comfortable with everything. He probably wishes the team was playing better, but isn't willing to get his hands dirty to change the status quo.
          You're absolutely right.

I find it very interesting, the difference between how Mr. Bowlen is revered in the community for doing whatever it takes to win, year in and year out, how mistakes like JMcD are handled, etc., and how Monfort is perfectly willing to sit there with his dick in his hand and offer platitudes like "I want to win more than anyone!" No, Dick, you don't. "Dan O'Dowd is the smartest man in baseball!" No, Dick, he is not. He's been there since 1999 and the team has never, ever, won the division in which they play. They've been to the playoffs TWICE in that time.

Some buddies are trying to get a movement started for the last day of the season (I wanted to do the Helton jersey retirement, because of the attention that would get, but I also don't want to **** on Todd) where people buy tickets all over the stadium, and at one pre-decided time, everyone puts paper bags over their heads. Not that it would do a lot of good, but I went to the game the other night (tickets which were already purchased) and didn't buy a single concession while everyone around me ate and drank; not-spending money isn't going to do jack while they're drawing 36k every night. So something's gotta give.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
            Baseball fans are casual fans types though. I'm not ripping on them at all but, fanbase doesn't protest or demand quality like Bronco fans do. Quit going to games get managements attention protest

Comment

still lol @ baseball... like watching paint dry!

Comment

Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
                Baseball fans are casual fans types though. I'm not ripping on them at all but, fanbase doesn't protest or demand quality like Bronco fans do. Quit going to games get managements attention protest
                I love going to a baseball game live. TV makes it hard to stay interested. But there are 160 games in a season. There's just no sense of urgency game to game. As a baseball fan, you could go to 8 games in a year, watch them lose every one. Even if the team still had a successful season. It almost conditions you to not care all that much about the W/L's.

So it just doesn't lend itself to the kind of rabid fan implosions you commonly see @ NFL stadiums (and message boards) Which is actually kind of relaxing when you go to a game. You get to watch world-class athletes that are the best in the game, but not need to lose your **** when/if they have a bad day.

Comment

I honestly can not believe Dan O'Dowd/etc are still in charge at the top.
                  14/15 seasons, whatever, and the best they have were 2 postseason trips, one was a one and done with Philly, the other was a miracle run to the World Series.

However, in between, has been a disaster. How many last place finishes?
                  Granted, this year, I will say the injuries have just DEVASTATED the team and made them worse than they actually are, when healthy, but still, change up the front office. Now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChamp24 View Post
                    How many last place finishes?

We're the Colorado Cubs.

Comment

Working...
                    X