Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**** you, Dick Monfort!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
    Monforts want coors field to be updated wrigley field where people go regardless of team winning
    It's well on its way. There are always a lot of people at the games. It is a beautiful park and a good place for relatively cheap outings. It just sucks that those components are there because if they weren't the Mon****s would have to upgrade the on field product. If they continue raking in money with mediocre production there is no incentive for them to make the team better. It's why ODowd has been there this long.

    The true test of fan loyalty and whether or not they will still make money will be when the Mon****s cut ties with CarGo and Tulo. And that will happen within the next 18 months.

    Comment


    • #32
      [email protected] and people caring.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Paladin View Post
        Monfort is a Grade A a**hole. He is stuck to O'Dowd in unseeming ways. The entire FO of the Rockies needs to pack up and leave. There are people who just cannot manage a large Sports organization. These guys take the trophy for "Dumbarses of the Century". They are the Raiders of Baseball,

        Good job, Dick.
        There are ways to success even when you are not a big market city. The Monforts need to check the egos at the door and do some investigation. I grew up in a small market town called Baltimore. The team came in as the dismal St. Louis Browns and soon found their way with a system called "The Oriole Way".

        A number of great players came up through their organization starting in the very early 60's, including some fine pitching. Baltimore was much like Denver, not a high revenue city. I remember some great teams struggling to draw 1 million fans. I have some Oriole yearbooks from the early 60's that I came upon. If you looked at the personnel, not just players, but minor league coaches, scouts, minor front office people --- it looked like the who's who of significant people at the major league level in the late 60's, 70's and 80's.

        It can be done. Its time to clean house and get back to the basics with people who produce. I am not talking about people on the field.

        Similar stories can be said of the Yankee organization in the 40's and 50's.
        In the 50's, the Yankee AAA team could probably have finished in the middle of the pack in the American League. Other organizations like the Dodgers had great minor league systems. It takes commitment and competence, both are missing in Colorado right now. The jury is no longer out on this one.

        Comment


        • #34
          Not a baseball fan, but is this idiot for real? I've heard some truly terrible things about him and the rest of his family.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
            Not a baseball fan, but is this idiot for real? I've heard some truly terrible things about him and the rest of his family.
            Oh he's for real all right.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by crush17 View Post
              Oh he's for real all right.
              Then lets pray he doesn't take over the Broncos when Bowlen is gone.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
                Then lets pray he doesn't take over the Broncos when Bowlen is gone.
                So Cal would approve that ownership change.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by baja View Post
                  So Cal would approve that ownership change.
                  I thought the exact thing while I was typing that.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
                    I thought the exact thing while I was typing that.
                    I miss your old avatar it is classic.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
                      Then lets pray he doesn't take over the Broncos when Bowlen is gone.
                      SoCal wants someone with very deep pockets and stays out of the way to let football personnel make the decisions.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by baja View Post
                        I miss your old avatar it is classic.
                        Don't worry. I'm gonna switch back after the WC is over.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by dsmoot View Post
                          There are ways to success even when you are not a big market city. The Monforts need to check the egos at the door and do some investigation. I grew up in a small market town called Baltimore. The team came in as the dismal St. Louis Browns and soon found their way with a system called "The Oriole Way".

                          A number of great players came up through their organization starting in the very early 60's, including some fine pitching. Baltimore was much like Denver, not a high revenue city. I remember some great teams struggling to draw 1 million fans. I have some Oriole yearbooks from the early 60's that I came upon. If you looked at the personnel, not just players, but minor league coaches, scouts, minor front office people --- it looked like the who's who of significant people at the major league level in the late 60's, 70's and 80's.

                          It can be done. Its time to clean house and get back to the basics with people who produce. I am not talking about people on the field.

                          Similar stories can be said of the Yankee organization in the 40's and 50's.
                          In the 50's, the Yankee AAA team could probably have finished in the middle of the pack in the American League. Other organizations like the Dodgers had great minor league systems. It takes commitment and competence, both are missing in Colorado right now. The jury is no longer out on this one.
                          Monforts don't care about winning hence Dan O'Dowd & crowd.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            "Dan O'Dowd is the best GM in Major League Baseball" - Dick Monfort

                            (yes, he actually said this)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by 24champ View Post
                              SoCal wants someone with very deep pockets and stays out of the way to let football personnel make the decisions.
                              I nominate a guy named Pat Bowlen






                              ABOUT PAT BOWLEN

                              Wisconsin oilman Pat Bowlen has an estimated net worth of $1 billion. He is the principal owner and Chief Executive Officer of the Denver Broncos, a professional American football team of the National Football League. He bought a majority stake in the team for $78 million in 1984 from Edgar Kaiser. A year after, the Bowlen family bought the rest of the team.

                              Patrick Dennis Bowlen was born on February 18, 1944 in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin. He holds business and law degrees both from the University of Oklahoma. He later became a successful lawyer in Edmonton, Alberta which led him to build his estimated net worth of $1 billion. He also has worked at his father’s company. He is a real estate developer and has major investments in the mining industry.

                              As the owner of Denver Broncos, he has helped the team dominate football in the late 1990′s with a back-to-back win in the Super Bowls. However, the team has been losing recently. Mr. Bowlen has fired the legendary coach Mike Shanahan because of the team’s performance in the league.

                              Pat Bowlen is also part-owner of the Colorado Crush in the Arena Football League. He shared the ownership with Stan Kroenke, a Denver-based sports mogul, and John Elway, the legendary Broncos quarterback. In 2006, he added the Denver Outlaws of the Major League Lacrosse in his league of teams. So far, it is the most winning franchise that he ever had.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Pat Bowlen is one of the least wealthy owners in the league. Ranked at 28th or lower I believe.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X