No announcement yet.

**** you, Dick Monfort!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always said about Coors Field, it would be the perfect place for pitchers in the Rick Honeycutt mold, who could force ground balls all day long. Pay the money it takes to fill your roster with that kind of pitching, get a great infield D and some guys who can get some hits, play Lasorda-ball, and who knows, maybe you win some divisions.

I gave up thinking the Monforts could understand that a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
      I've always said about Coors Field, it would be the perfect place for pitchers in the Rick Honeycutt mold, who could force ground balls all day long. Pay the money it takes to fill your roster with that kind of pitching, get a great infield D and some guys who can get some hits, play Lasorda-ball, and who knows, maybe you win some divisions.

I gave up thinking the Monforts could understand that a long time ago.
      We have 2/3 of that already. I love our infield all around and the Rox have very good hitters up and down the lineup. I dare to say we have already have Gold Gloves (or at least GG-types, DJ included) at the 3, 4, 6, and 5 spots. Pitching always has and always will be the way to a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        This is so monumentally stupid on so many levels. Why bother having fans fill out surveys if you don't like the negative feedback? Did you think it was just going to be advice for how to tweak the hot tub section? Maybe a call for less sugary lemonade? That the Dip'n Dots are sticking together too much?

I really hate the Monforts. It's not that they don't want to win, it's that they don't care if they lose. They've never won the division - ever. They haven't been able to draft and develop pitching. They've never made a real commitment to signing pitchers. They point to past failures and that no one will come, but those are excuses. And instances where they've traded for pitchers has worked. Good pitchers come here and pitch well. It can happen.

And if the field is too big, invest in moving it a bit closer. Let the cheap home run go so the pitcher can reset and keep pounding. At least it will appear to the fans that you're trying to do something for the good of the team.

I told my wife we're not going to anymore Rockies games last year. She loves baseball and the stadium, but I had to say no. Problem is the Stadium is beautiful and there are enough transplant fans that they will always get enough people coming regardless of the garbage that plops out there. They basically can make a lot of money doing next to nothing but tweaking the fringe stuff that has nothing to do with team. There's no incentive for them to improve the team because it's harder to do. Instead he can just make a nice tourist trap and count the money.
        For all the whining and crying fans do, things will unlikely change for a long time; don't get me wrong, I consistently whine about Rockies management. Baseball fans will continue to support the Rox, good or bad, because baseball is awesome, good or bad.

Comment

I bought the Rockies mini-plans for 3 years, with all intent to renew in 2013, even though I knew ownership wouldn't change. The mini-plans were great for getting opening day seats and fireworks games and having something you could pass out to friends or do after work on weeknights. 20 games seemed like a great amount of games too. 2012 was the Rockies worst year ever, with 64 wins. It was a miserable season.

Then somebody in the organization decided the mini-plan was "too good." In 2013 they raised the price on every seat available for the mini-plan and eliminated opening day. I lost my **** at that. Worst season ever, lets go ahead and raise prices and take opening day away from our loyal fans! Great idea Dick!

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
            I've always said about Coors Field, it would be the perfect place for pitchers in the Rick Honeycutt mold, who could force ground balls all day long.
            Aaron Cook, basically. Even after watching him accumulate the most wins in Rockies history, they still don't learn.

Comment

http://denver.craigslist.org/for/4564023425.html

Comment

Monforts want coors field to be updated wrigley field where people go regardless of team winning

Comment

Originally posted by OOJack View Post
                  We have 2/3 of that already. I love our infield all around and the Rox have very good hitters up and down the lineup. I dare to say we have already have Gold Gloves (or at least GG-types, DJ included) at the 3, 4, 6, and 5 spots. Pitching always has and always will be the way to a championship.
                  As long as Andrelton Simmons continues to play in the National League, neither the Rockies or any other team not currently employing him will have a Gold Glove at the 6 spot anytime soon.

Comment

Colorado Rockies?? Didn't that NHL team move out of Denver years ago?

Comment

Always thought that Pedro Astacio was the most effective Rockies pitcher at Coors. He threw a heavy sinker.

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
                        "Call 1-800-ROCKIES, and ask for the biggest Dick in the building"

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                          Monforts want coors field to be updated wrigley field where people go regardless of team winning
                          How do you think they are still in business?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes View Post
                            How do you think they are still in business?
                            Zackly!

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                              Colorado Rockies?? Didn't that NHL team move out of Denver years ago?
                              HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                                It already is that.

Comment

Working...
                                X