Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
    It's a freaking disaster.

FIRE O'DOWD & GEIVETT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
      It's a freaking disaster.

FIRE O'DOWD & GEIVETT!!!
      Correct.

And Monfort... I mean come the **** on. WE BUILT YOUR ****ING STADIUM, YOU ****ING PRICK. How about you leave the team and take YOURSELF somewhere else?

Comment

Correct.

And Monfort... I mean come the **** on. WE BUILT YOUR ****ING STADIUM, YOU ****ING PRICK. How about you leave the team and take YOURSELF somewhere else?
        I would not be sad if they chartered a plane for the Monforts/O'Dowd/Geivett and it somehow went all MH-370 on them...

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
          I would not be sad if they chartered a plane for the Monforts/O'Dowd/Geivett and it somehow went all MH-370 on them...
          I would gladly part with $5 to make that happen.

Comment

"I pretty much just filled out the survey and kinda wrote a little bit about how it's frustrating to spend the money and go see [Rockies] teams that are constantly struggling all the time," said Ferguson.

Two days later, he found out his comments did not go unnoticed. Ferguson received a reply in his inbox simply stating, "If product and experience that bad don't come!"… signed owner, chairman, and CEO of the Colorado Rockies Dick Monfort.

What an ***hole.

Comment

Monfort is a Grade A a**hole. He is stuck to O'Dowd in unseeming ways. The entire FO of the Rockies needs to pack up and leave. There are people who just cannot manage a large Sports organization. These guys take the trophy for "Dumbarses of the Century". They are the Raiders of Baseball,

Good job, Dick.

Comment

At this point, getting rid of O'Dowd won't change anything. They will just get a new puppet. Until the team has new owners...they aren't seeing a dime from me. Not that it will make a difference, but still.

Comment

Monforts are not going to sell. They should, but they won't.

There was an article the other day in the Post about Dick being sad and not sleeping thinking about how crappy his teams always are, especially after saying they'd win 90 games. He came off as a bit of a dick for a Dick. What I walked away from the article is that the Monforts love the Rockies, but are completely oblivious to what good management is.

Comment

I feel for Rockies fans, went through this type of crappy ownership with Frank McCourt and how he was using team money from the Dodgers to pay for 30k dollar haircuts and other massive spending sprees. All the while the product on the field was garbage.

Comment

Now there is a guy SoCal can admire.

Comment

Got it here: https://www.facebook.com/monfortmustsell

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoLifer View Post
                          "I pretty much just filled out the survey and kinda wrote a little bit about how it's frustrating to spend the money and go see [Rockies] teams that are constantly struggling all the time," said Ferguson.

Two days later, he found out his comments did not go unnoticed. Ferguson received a reply in his inbox simply stating, "If product and experience that bad don't come!"… signed owner, chairman, and CEO of the Colorado Rockies Dick Monfort.

What an ***hole.

First, I didn't read the article, just going on this quote above.

The best baseball teams win about 100 games. Thus lose 60 games.

The worst teams win about 60 games. Thus lose 100.

Most teams fall in between. Can't say I blame him when you have a little better than a 50/50 shot to see your team win on any given day.

Comment

This is so monumentally stupid on so many levels. Why bother having fans fill out surveys if you don't like the negative feedback? Did you think it was just going to be advice for how to tweak the hot tub section? Maybe a call for less sugary lemonade? That the Dip'n Dots are sticking together too much?

I really hate the Monforts. It's not that they don't want to win, it's that they don't care if they lose. They've never won the division - ever. They haven't been able to draft and develop pitching. They've never made a real commitment to signing pitchers. They point to past failures and that no one will come, but those are excuses. And instances where they've traded for pitchers has worked. Good pitchers come here and pitch well. It can happen.

And if the field is too big, invest in moving it a bit closer. Let the cheap home run go so the pitcher can reset and keep pounding. At least it will appear to the fans that you're trying to do something for the good of the team.

I told my wife we're not going to anymore Rockies games last year. She loves baseball and the stadium, but I had to say no. Problem is the Stadium is beautiful and there are enough transplant fans that they will always get enough people coming regardless of the garbage that plops out there. They basically can make a lot of money doing next to nothing but tweaking the fringe stuff that has nothing to do with team. There's no incentive for them to improve the team because it's harder to do. Instead he can just make a nice tourist trap and count the money.

Comment

Sell it to Kroenke. He doesn't have a MLB team.

Comment

Working...
                              X