Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain Snapchat and its appeal to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
    my stepdaughters use it all the time to make funny faces and stupid British accent messages to each other...while they are in the same room

worthless....
    That is all you hope they are doing.

Leave a comment:

• Ragnar
    replied
    Originally posted by baja View Post
    So Cal has a Dick picture as his avatar.
    Tricky Dick!

Leave a comment:

• baja
    replied
    Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
    Oh god my worse fear would be Dick picks, which are not illuminating for most straight males!
    So Cal has a Dick picture as his avatar.

Leave a comment:

• theAPAOps5
    replied
    Originally posted by Ragnar View Post
    What are they doing with it when you aren't paying attention? Calling them out of their room on a Saturday at 10pm and forcing them to show you the next 3 snapchats they recieve will be... illuminating.
    Oh god my worse fear would be Dick picks, which are not illuminating for most straight males!

Leave a comment:

• Ragnar
    replied
    Originally posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
    my stepdaughters use it all the time to make funny faces and stupid British accent messages to each other...while they are in the same room

worthless....
    What are they doing with it when you aren't paying attention? Calling them out of their room on a Saturday at 10pm and forcing them to show you the next 3 snapchats they recieve will be... illuminating.

Leave a comment:

• vancejohnson82
    replied

worthless....

Leave a comment:

• The1percentKid
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
    A guy at my office apparently thought the same thing until it picked up a facebook friend of his wife and that woman told her. The best part is his wife works here as well.

Apparently it flags people that are friends of friends and what not? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?
    There's a few ways around this. Most obvious is just make another Facebook account, instead of using your regular one. You're right though I've seen people get caught. Especially if Facebook broadcasts that you're on tinder. There is an "only me" option in settings that stops that.

Leave a comment:

• Ragnar
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
    A guy at my office apparently thought the same thing until it picked up a facebook friend of his wife and that woman told her. The best part is his wife works here as well.

Apparently it flags people that are friends of friends and what not? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?
    That's assuming that the developer intended purpose of snapchat is sexting. I honestly don't think that was their initial purpose. It's just what people have started using the program for.

But yeah, for the most part, it's to trade sexy pix or nude pix without fear of them being saved by the recipient, and if the recipient does save them, in most cases the sender is notified. there are a few work-arounds and user hacked apps that will take the picture and not notify the sender.

Leave a comment:

• Johnykbr
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    One word.

Tinder.

It will absolutely get you laid. As well as send you into lustful affairs if youre married/or have a gf.

Leave a comment:

• Meck77
    replied
    Real handy if you have multiple wives.

Leave a comment:

• fdf
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    FWIW, most of the people I know, all young, don't use it for sexting. Some of you are going to say "SURRRREEEE" but the data and reporting seems to suggest that isn't what it's for. So I'm trying to wrap my head around the appeal of sending non-permanent pictures outside of practical benefits like saved storage. Obviously sexting is one appeal, but since snap chat is mostly not used that way, I want to understand why it's growing. What's the advantage?
    Just a guess. But your parents wouldn't be able to read your texts.

Leave a comment:

• theAPAOps5
    replied
    Originally posted by HILife View Post
    Unless you take a picture of your phone with your camera.
    They also updated the app to tell the person it was screenshot. I saw a special on it on one of those 20/20 shows.

Leave a comment:

• theAPAOps5
    replied
    Snap dickpick
    Send dickpick
    View dickpick
    Poof dickpick

Snap cootchie pick
    Send cootchie pick
    View cootchie pick
    Poof cootchie pick

Safe sexting made possible by the makers of snapchat

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
    Everyone keeps saying these are stored somewhere, which is why you need to use Mark Cubans version. Supposedly (supposedly) it completely erases all traces from the interwebs and servers after sent.
    Except for the part where all data flows through the NSA filter before going to point B.

Leave a comment:

• Fedaykin
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    Can someone explain Snapchat to me? My brother in law, who is 17, was explaining "you can send pictures to each other!" "Like a text?" I asked. "Yeah, except you don't save them!" "Why would I want that?" "It's cool! And they're going to do video now!" "Like Skype or Facetime?" I asked. "Yeah but it's cooler."

I have been able to understand and appreciate a lot of the social media and apps they have for keeping people connected, but this one seems redundant to me. Can someone help me understand what it does and what the appeal of this seemingly redundant tech fad is?

#Getoffmylawn
    'safe sexting'

but it's also a nice user experience of sending a photo without the ahssle of an intermediary and without having to worry about having crap strewn about your various mobile devices. Not much value to 99.99% of photos taken because of the ubiquity of cameras these days. Certainly wouldn't want to store them forever.
    Last edited by Fedaykin; 07-09-2014, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X