OT: Hasa Diga Eebowai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Hasa Diga Eebowai

Yes, I'm a little late to the party on this one. I was in New York last week on training and I was able to catch a showing at The Eugene O'neill theatre. Seriously, I don't think I have ever laughed as hard as I did watching this Musical. I was practically crying at times I was laughing so hard.

Kaylore, you especially should check it out. There are jokes that will get more than most. And during the many Missionary gathering scenes I guarantee you are going to think to yourself, yep, I was companions with that guy, and that one too.

It had been talked up so much by the time i saw it that i was underwhelmed

Comment

I've heard a couple of songs from it but not had a chance to attend. I've heard it was funny and "not overly mean" to Mormons. Not high on my to do list, though. I do like the boys from South Park so I'll get around to it eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
        I've heard a couple of songs from it but not had a chance to attend. I've heard it was funny and "not overly mean" to Mormons. Not high on my to do list, though. I do like the boys from South Park so I'll get around to it eventually.

It's not mean at all. It's practically a love letter to Mormons. The satire is basically against organized religion in general with some of the Mormon's more eclectic beliefs serving as the proxy point for the punchlines. There are some potshots against "Utah" culture. But as someone who lived in Utah for 5 years I feel they are all well deserved.

Comment

Trey Stone and Matt Parker did a brilliant job in writing a couple of songs that both non-Mormons could laugh at and Mormons could love - especially 'I Believe".

I wish I had half as much creativity in my whole body as those two have in their pinky fingers.

Comment

WARNING: This thread is not church-approved.

We know who you are.

Report to your Bishop immediately for re-education therapy. Bring the whip.

Good luck with your upcoming Financial audit.

Good day.

Comment

Good hell, how many Mermens we gots on this here message board?

I thought me and Kaylore and maybe Dom were the only dirty heretics around these parts.

Comment

Working...
              X