Adam Gase: Broncos offense can be better in 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Gase: Broncos offense can be better in 2014

There wasn’t much to complain about on offense for the Broncos in 2013.

They scored 606 points, Peyton Manning set a record for the most touchdown passes in a single season and five different players scored at least 10 touchdowns on the way to an AFC title. Most teams would be thrilled to simply repeat that kind of productivity, especially after losing wide receiver Eric Decker to free agency, but offensive coordinator Adam Gase has bigger things on his mind.

“Oh yeah, we can be better. We can do some things better, we can make better calls, I can make better calls, I can get us in better situations,” Gase said, via ESPN.com. “There are some things we’ve got our eyes on.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...etter-in-2014/

Cool, one less thing to worry about....

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Rob View Post
      There wasn’t much to complain about on offense for the Broncos in 2013.

They scored 606 points, Peyton Manning set a record for the most touchdown passes in a single season and five different players scored at least 10 touchdowns on the way to an AFC title. Most teams would be thrilled to simply repeat that kind of productivity, especially after losing wide receiver Eric Decker to free agency, but offensive coordinator Adam Gase has bigger things on his mind.

“Oh yeah, we can be better. We can do some things better, we can make better calls, I can make better calls, I can get us in better situations,” Gase said, via ESPN.com. “There are some things we’ve got our eyes on.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...etter-in-2014/

I haven't read the article and really don't want to because it's fluffy-fluff stuff. But here's an idea, run the friggen ball better Adam. Get first downs via the running game. Score TDs in the redzone via the running game. Give Manning's arm a break via the running game. Keep the defense on the bench via the running game. When the passing attack isn't working (playoffs, hello) then rely on the running game to control the clock, get first downs and score TDs. Just a thought Adam...

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
        I haven't read the article and really don't want to because it's fluffy-fluff stuff. But here's an idea, run the friggen ball better Adam. Get first downs via the running game. Score TDs in the redzone via the running game. Give Manning's arm a break via the running game. Keep the defense on the bench via the running game. When the passing attack isn't working (playoffs, hello) then rely on the running game to control the clock, get first downs and score TDs. Just a thought Adam...

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
          Agreed. I'd love more balance with the offense. If that means a decrease in the aerial numbers, so be it. But it would help in time of possession and keep our defense fresh.

Comment

when, exactly, did our passing attack not work?

yeah, the super bowl. 1) nothing worked in the super bowl, 2) if you try to change your identity in the last game of the season, you've probably already lost. at no other point in the season did our passing game "not work." you play around who you are. we're not a ball control offense. we push the pace, we don't sub, and we take advantage of our weapons. do you remember when we tried to pretend we were something we weren't? in the first few games of Manning's time here, when we paid lip service to the idea that he was going to adjust to our system and not the other way around? do you remember how literally everyone, both here and nationally, saw that for the farce it was? and then how we abandoned that idea and promptly won 11 in a row? and then scored 606 points the next season?

don't get cute.

Comment

Originally posted by extralife View Post
              when, exactly, did our passing attack not work?

yeah, the super bowl. 1) nothing worked in the super bowl, 2) if you try to change your identity in the last game of the season, you've probably already lost. at no other point in the season did our passing game "not work." you play around who you are. we're not a ball control offense. we push the pace, we don't sub, and we take advantage of our weapons. do you remember when we tried to pretend we were something we weren't? in the first few games of Manning's time here, when we paid lip service to the idea that he was going to adjust to our system and not the other way around? do you remember how literally everyone, both here and nationally, saw that for the farce it was? and then how we abandoned that idea and promptly won 11 in a row? and then scored 606 points the next season?

don't get cute.
              So you're saying we shouldn't execute better in the run game at the fear of us losing something in the passing game? I don't buy that crap at all. You play how you practice. It's like those guys at the gym with monster biceps and shoulders and toothpick legs. If you only train upper body every time, yeah sure, you'll have some pathetic legs. Some goes for football. We have to practice running more, and do it more in games. Then you'll see a difference.

Comment

Really looking forward to what Ball and Clady are gonna do. I think the points might be less than last year, but the offensive domination will be at least as impressive IMO. And Ball should be very high on your fantasy teams!

Comment

So we will get 9 in the SB now?

Nice. Gase would be wise to just work in silence and keep his mouth shut.
                  Last edited by SoCalBronco; 07-06-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I don't think it makes a difference if they are a little better than last year's team. Can they be better against the Seahawks, 49ers, or the other top defenses in the league. There is a good chance that one of those two teams will be in the Super Bowl this coming season.

Comment

If Gase can build a running game that scares other teams and we stay reasonably healthy not only will the passing game become unstoppable but this team will go down as one of the best ever in the NFL. IMO

Comment

I don't see how we match or better last year's performance with this season's schedule. That's not saying we can't still be great, just can't see us breaking any records.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                          So we will get 9 in the SB now?

Nice. Gase would be wise to just work in silence and keep his mouth shut.
                          Yeah when a reporter asks him a question he should just walk away. The NFL looks kindly on that.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                            I don't see how we match or better last year's performance with this season's schedule. That's not saying we can't still be great, just can't see us breaking any records.
                            I'm not suggesting we will break offensive records, I'm saying with the potentially greatly improved defense and a threatening running game that takes pressure of an already record setting passing game we will be regarded in football lore as one of the greatest teams ever if we can stay reasonably healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                              Be gentle SoCal suffers from the dreaded 'loves losers hates good guys' disease.

Comment

Working...
                              X