Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 175 thoughts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UFC 175 thoughts

    I was really hoping to see Weidman vs Belfort in 175 but that didn't happen. Belfort needs to get his **** together so he can fight in Nevada.

    Some really good fights last night but I was amazed at how fast Rhonda took care of business and a big shout goes out to her for her first win without a submission. I was at the bar, looked away for 5 seconds and I hear the entire bar shouting. I couldn't believe it was over that fast.

  • #2
    I didn't watch it live, I just woke up and watched them on youtube or highlights but rousy is way too dominant for her own weight class and gender, its going to take a big bull dyke on a few years cycles of hgh to take her belt away..

    The other main fight went perfectly, weidman is easily the most likable guy in the sport and always has class and good sportsmanship. Everyone thought the silva fights might have been flukes and weidman was going to get worked but he did good.

    Comment


    • #3
      The main and Co-main events did not disappoint. Rousy is hands down just the best female fighter the UFC has ever seen, no one can beat her at this time. The main event was a battle and a great fight. Enough punishment to go around for both fighters. I think the decision was correct, basically 3 rounds to 2 for the champ. Both of them are feeling the hurt today.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm guessing Rousy won't be fighting in August. She said she has that knee surgery coming up but she also got a bad knuckle gash and won't be able to punch during training for I'm guessing a few months while that heals up as well as the knee. The only big time fight people want to see in Women's MMA is Rousy vs Kat. Kat is the real deal, she messed up Tate pretty bad. We all know Cyborg is on roids and won't fight in the UFC.

        I also agree Weidman won that fight. He was starting to wear down though in the last round. Machida has excellent endurance. But Machida did the right thing moving down in weight. There was no way he was going to beat Jones.

        Comment


        • #5
          Rousey is elite, there's no questioning that. What I do question is the level of competition UFC has brought in for her.

          I think they are perfectly happy for her to rule over the women's division, becoming more and more marketable.

          Belfort's issues are disappointing. The way he's looked recently I think he would have destroyed Weidman.
          Last edited by Lycan; 07-07-2014, 05:10 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
            Is there any competition out there for her..I don't think so..shes a tuff chic..probably could kick quite a few dudes arses too..
            Is there anyone who can beat her right now? Maybe not, she is unreal.

            But there had better be someone that can actually make a fight of it. You can't have a division that is literally one fighter.

            How long can Rousey destroying people who obviously shouldn't even be in the cage with her keep the fans attention?
            Last edited by Lycan; 07-07-2014, 05:10 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I know I'm going to get flamed for this.... but the first season of UFC was the only UFC worth watching. Back when you could see a 500 LB Sumo Wrestler Vs. a 90 LB 5th degree black belt in tae kwon do. That is entertainment. I'd pay $50 per fight to watch that.

              I don't see how watching two dudes who are the same height and weight and skill set is fun to watch. Who cares who wins?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                Is there any competition out there for her..I don't think so..shes a tuff chic..probably could kick quite a few dudes arses too..
                He would have to be one very scrawny dude for that to happen. Pound for pound women are at a HUGE disadvantage from men when it comes to physical performance.

                Comparing a female athlete to a male athlete of the same height and weight.

                * Women have 20% fewer red blood cells then men, which means they fatigue faster
                * Women have 25-30 percent smaller lungs then men, which means they can't get as much oxygen to muscles
                * Women on average have 40-60 percent less upper body strength to men
                * Women on average have 30-50 percent less lower body strength to men
                * Men naturally have leaner more efficient muscle
                * The skeletal bones in a man are more dense then in a woman

                So even though Ronda has a great physique and no doubt she's strong, for the size of her muscles, they're still 40-60 percent weaker then that of a man the same size.

                It is what it is. But there's no doubt she could take baja......and probably Kahn too, since he's low T, hahaha.

                Just messin - she's a tough chic. I have a good feeling though that Kat will give her a great fight, whenever that happens. Hopefully late this year. maybe in UFC 177 or something. We'll see. I like Ronda but I'll be pulling for Kat since she's from CO.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
                  I know I'm going to get flamed for this.... but the first season of UFC was the only UFC worth watching. Back when you could see a 500 LB Sumo Wrestler Vs. a 90 LB 5th degree black belt in tae kwon do. That is entertainment. I'd pay $50 per fight to watch that.

                  I don't see how watching two dudes who are the same height and weight and skill set is fun to watch. Who cares who wins?
                  4real? Who cares? Millions of fans do. We love to watch fights and evenly matched fights. Because anything can happen, you just never know. It comes down to skill and endurance. I don't want to watch some 300 pound fat slob fall on top of some little man. They probably changed all that crap because people got bored with it after a few fights.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't know why I keep calling her Kat, when it's Cat. I always get that messed up. Here's her highlights. She's badass.
                    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MVIhwX4govo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                      I don't know why I keep calling her Kat, when it's Cat. I always get that messed up. Here's her highlights. She's badass.
                      <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MVIhwX4govo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                      Its gonna be a while till someone beats Rousey. If Machida didnt run for 3 rounds he may have gotten a decision. Def not enough power to knock out Wiedman with striking though. Nice takedown D, but he needed to land a shocking kick to the head. Nice to see Weidman tested. Cant stand him.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
                        Its gonna be a while till someone beats Rousey. If Machida didnt run for 3 rounds he may have gotten a decision. Def not enough power to knock out Wiedman with striking though. Nice takedown D, but he needed to land a shocking kick to the head. Nice to see Weidman tested. Cant stand him.
                        I don't get it with the hate Weidman gets. I mean, the dudes not cocky inside or outside the ring. He respects all of his opponents. He's a good fighter. What's to hate?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                          He would have to be one very scrawny dude for that to happen. Pound for pound women are at a HUGE disadvantage from men when it comes to physical performance.

                          Comparing a female athlete to a male athlete of the same height and weight.

                          * Women have 20% fewer red blood cells then men, which means they fatigue faster
                          * Women have 25-30 percent smaller lungs then men, which means they can't get as much oxygen to muscles
                          * Women on average have 40-60 percent less upper body strength to men
                          * Women on average have 30-50 percent less lower body strength to men
                          * Men naturally have leaner more efficient muscle
                          * The skeletal bones in a man are more dense then in a woman

                          So even though Ronda has a great physique and no doubt she's strong, for the size of her muscles, they're still 40-60 percent weaker then that of a man the same size.

                          It is what it is. But there's no doubt she could take baja......and probably Kahn too, since he's low T, hahaha.

                          Just messin - she's a tough chic. I have a good feeling though that Kat will give her a great fight, whenever that happens. Hopefully late this year. maybe in UFC 177 or something. We'll see. I like Ronda but I'll be pulling for Kat since she's from CO.
                          Ive been want to see her fight Faber. Rotf

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                            I don't get it with the hate Weidman gets. I mean, the dudes not cocky inside or outside the ring. He respects all of his opponents. He's a good fighter. What's to hate?
                            The hate is due to everyone knowing that he beat Silva once due to Silva dicking around and the other time due to Silva breaking his leg.
                            He is a paper champion to most.
                            if it was he and Silva duking it out and going full boar and he beat him then it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

                            It's not his fault, just circumstances.

                            As far as Rousey goes. She is the unquestioned best in her sport.
                            Only 3 real big fights for her left. Cat, Cyborg and Carano.
                            Cyborg is a roided up freak and Carano is making movies and her reps are asking a lot to get her back in a fighting cage.

                            She is one bad chick and might go on a tear the type that only Silva or Jones has really seen.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                              The hate is due to everyone knowing that he beat Silva once due to Silva dicking around and the other time due to Silva breaking his leg.
                              He is a paper champion to most.
                              if it was he and Silva duking it out and going full boar and he beat him then it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

                              It's not his fault, just circumstances.

                              As far as Rousey goes. She is the unquestioned best in her sport.
                              Only 3 real big fights for her left. Cat, Cyborg and Carano.
                              Cyborg is a roided up freak and Carano is making movies and her reps are asking a lot to get her back in a fighting cage.

                              She is one bad chick and might go on a tear the type that only Silva or Jones has really seen.
                              I see it a different way. Silva showed a weak chin. No doubt he was a great champion and after losing was very gracious in defeat. But you still have to show respect where it matters most, inside the octagon. And before he knocked Silva out, you can't just disregard the fact that Weidman was winning that fight even before the knock out. And Weidman was also winning the 2nd fight before Silva broke his leg. I'm pretty sure that belt around Weidman's waist isn't made of paper.

                              I guess Carano is thinking seriously of a comeback from what I've read and hear. It's been 5 years since she last won a fight. That's a long time. She's going on 33. I don't know, I don't see it happening. Cyborg made that huge mistake a few years ago. White had the fight all set up and she declined. Then she got busted for PED's, served a suspension. She's been clean the last 3 fights so I don't know. It could still happen. White can be kinda anal though sometimes. He hates Ortiz, which was Cyborgs manager there for awhile. But Ortiz stepped down because he didn't want anything to stop Cybord from getting a chance. The fans still say they want to see Rousy vs Cyborg. If it happened, it could be the main card. I'd LOVE to see that fight.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X