• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baja View Post
    OK I changed it.
    Its nothing a good enema wouldn't fix.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
      We'll be fine. Dressen or Tamme will be gone soon enough, maybe both but we'll probably keep 1. I don't believe we have any dead money for next year also. You can't really ask Manning to restructure, he just had the greatest season of any QB in the history of the game. You can't have a guy do that and then tell him to shave a few million, lol. Welker will most likely be gone next year so that's a bit more room.

Plus, isn't the cap figure going up next year?
      When I read the part of the article about dead money I thought back to the Shanahan years and thought so what's the problem we are in great shape with the dead cap money.

Comment

Originally posted by broncogary View Post
        Its nothing a good enema wouldn't fix.
        There is very little under the sun that a good enema will not fix.

We should start with Washington DC.

Comment

When I read the part of the article about dead money I thought back to the Shanahan years and thought so what's the problem we are in great shape with the dead cap money.
          . Shanny at the end there was the king of dead money deals. Oh that was a nightmare.

Comment

I don't think it would be that out of line to ask Manning to help out a little. Elway has made a heroic effort putting this roster together, and Manning is both a huge contributor and the major beneficiary.

Comment

. Shanny at the end there was the king of dead money deals. Oh that was a nightmare.

The funny part is SoCal is always crucifying Bowlen for being cheap when in fact Shanahan was so bad at contracts for washed up players we always had so much dead money we could not spend for better players.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
                I don't get the premise of this story. Why would the Broncos sign contracts beginning this year? that is just not the way the team does business.

The Thomasx2 deals will kick in starting next season so they are entirely irrelevant for this years cap. I do imagine the Broncos will make cap adjustments anyway to free up some salary cap to have in season flexibility but also to be able to carry over some salary cap space for next season.
                It's been widely reported they are trying to sign DT to a new contract before training camp and maybe JT too.

Comment

This is what stood out for me. I did not know he was cut 5 days after the SB. Is that even correct?
                  Yes. On paper it was always a 2-year deal that voided after the SB. It let them spread out his signing bonus' cap hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
                    Yes. On paper it was always a 2-year deal that voided after the SB. It let them spread out his signing bonus' cap hit.
                    So was he under contract for this season?

Or was it automatically voided and always intended to be a one year deal. If so seems like cap manipulation if not out right violation.

Comment

I wouldn t be surprised that legwold is whining about nothing...

Comment

So was he under contract for this season?

Or was it automatically voided and always intended to be a one year deal. If so seems like cap manipulation if not out right violation.
                        It was always going to automatically void after the super bowl. The Broncos wanted to spread his signing bonus over 2 years even though he was only going to play for one on that contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
                          It was always going to automatically void after the super bowl. The Broncos wanted to spread his signing bonus over 2 years even though he was only going to play for one on that contract.

That sounds illegal.

Comment

It's been widely reported they are trying to sign DT to a new contract before training camp and maybe JT too.
                            Has nothing to do with what he's saying.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                              Has nothing to do with what he's saying.
                              Yes, my mistake. Thanks.

Comment

We'll be fine. Dressen or Tamme will be gone soon enough, maybe both but we'll probably keep 1. I don't believe we have any dead money for next year also. You can't really ask Manning to restructure, he just had the greatest season of any QB in the history of the game. You can't have a guy do that and then tell him to shave a few million, lol. Welker will most likely be gone next year so that's a bit more room.

Plus, isn't the cap figure going up next year?
                                We'll lose some guys like every team but if we can keep two of Knighton/Harris/Franklin/Moore after JT/DT, i think we'll be alright.

The cap is supposed to go up 10 mil next year and be 150 mil by 2016 i believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X