Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIDEO California Highway Patrol Beats Barefoot Bag Lady

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VIDEO California Highway Patrol Beats Barefoot Bag Lady

    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/NV7lO_1kWfo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/NV7lO_1kWfo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    A barefoot woman described as harmless was subdued and pummeled by a California Highway Patrol officer in an incident captured on video.

    The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is investigating the incident, which occurred on Tuesday in Los Angeles.

    Video shot from a by-passing car shows the CHP officer chasing the woman on foot through traffic. In the video, the officer catches up to the woman from behind, spins her around and takes her to the ground. The pair struggled, but the officer ends up on top. From that position, he begins punching her rapidly in the head.

    “He is beating her up, yo,” a man filming the incident is heard saying.

    “Oh my gosh, why?” a woman asks.

    As the officer is continuously punching the woman and grappling with her, another man rushes to help the officer subdue the woman. The CHP officer then handcuffs her.

    “She took a left, and the cop, the CHP ran after her, grabbed her to try to subdue her, and then she you know, kind of tried to shove it off…Was she intoxicated? Was she mentally ill? Possibly,” David Diaz, one of the men who filmed the incident, told NBC Los Angeles.

    “No one condones when he gets on top of a woman, and this is a big officer, and he punches her repeatedly,” Diaz said. “I think he punched her in the head 15 times.”

    Another witness to the incident told NBC Los Angeles that the woman “did not look well, mentally.” As the officer was punching her, “she looked terrified…she just looked gone.”

    The witness said that the woman was not wearing shoes and was carrying several bags, indicating that she may have been homeless.

    CHP said it was aware of the video and was investigating the incident.

    “As a matter of policy, every time there is a use of force by our officers, there is a review conducted to determine whether the use of force was appropriate,” read a CHP statement, according to NBC Los Angeles. “That will be done in this case, however, since there is an ongoing investigation, it would be premature to comment on this specific video segment without reviewing the entire incident.”

    CHP did not provide details of what happened to cause the officer to pursue the woman.
    http://news.yahoo.com/california-hig...181806931.html

  • #2
    I'm pretty sure that is not a part of his training. Lets just say for the sake of argument that he was justified in pursuing her, taking her down, and arresting her. Okay, that's his job. But did he have to punch her 11 times in the head to do it? Judging from that video it didn't look like it. I'd be interested in hearing his side of the story to see how he can justify taking that kind of action.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
      I'm pretty sure that is not a part of his training. Lets just say for the sake of argument that he was justified in pursuing her, taking her down, and arresting her. Okay, that's his job. But did he have to punch her 11 times in the head to do it? Judging from that video it didn't look like it. I'd be interested in hearing his side of the story to see how he can justify taking that kind of action.
      With her resisting, I could understand possibly 1-2 punches and then him commanding her to give up her arms and to let the officer cuff her once he's established the dominant position; but it certainly looks like this officer may have some anger issues and I feel that it was excessive.

      Comment


      • #4
        This is bad stuff. That definitely was excessive force. You can say, oh hey, she was resisting and kept fighting him. Well I'm sorry but when you're getting your face beat in, that's a natural reaction, to defend yourself. Don't know the full story yet, if she had a weapon or something, you never know. But it sure as hell looks excessive to me in that video. And wouldn't you know it, a white officer beating on a black person. This is getting old man.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Maleficent View Post
          <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/NV7lO_1kWfo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/NV7lO_1kWfo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>


          http://news.yahoo.com/california-hig...181806931.html
          SERVE & PROTECT

          Comment


          • #6
            most cops suck

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
              most cops suck

              That has not been my experience over all although I have run into a few really bad cops in my time.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                cause you charmed them with your wit... it confused them..
                That and my bull shiit.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                  that was exactly what I was referring too.. nobody does it better then you Baja..you have the gift to make the shilt smell like roses...
                  So I am the anti-Cito.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                    most cops suck
                    Not sure I agree but I did get pulled over last week by the biggest A-hole cop that I've ever talked with. I was at a T intersection behind him and he was not turning right on red, even though there was no sign posted so it was totally legal to do so. So I honked at him twice. Light turned green and we both turned right and we only go about 100 feet and he slams his breaks on and of course I have to slam mine on so I don't hit him. He get in the right lane, then pulls behind me and turns his lights on. Gets out of the car and tells me I've giving him a bumper enema. I've never even heard of that so I say what the hell is that. Long story short, he goes back to his car to check my insurance and all that ****. Decides to write me a ticket for following too close, which is BS, he slammed on his brakes to force that. I told him his ticket was BS and I wasn't going to pay a red cent of it. We exchanged a bit more and he finally left. I've never talked to cops that way before but what he did was lame.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He'll walk...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i'm sure he was sexting

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not long ago, my sister was driving to work somewhere in downtown and the speed limit was 45. She was driving at 40 and drove past an officer's car. She got pulled over and couldn't understand why. Douchebag cop said next time don't pass an officer. She was dumbfounded.

                          CHP are the worst.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They hire these guys because they don't question authority. The aren't the brightest in the world either. Outside of work they can be decent guys but put on a uniform and some of them are just assholes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                              Not sure I agree but I did get pulled over last week by the biggest A-hole cop that I've ever talked with. I was at a T intersection behind him and he was not turning right on red, even though there was no sign posted so it was totally legal to do so. So I honked at him twice. Light turned green and we both turned right and we only go about 100 feet and he slams his breaks on and of course I have to slam mine on so I don't hit him. He get in the right lane, then pulls behind me and turns his lights on. Gets out of the car and tells me I've giving him a bumper enema. I've never even heard of that so I say what the hell is that. Long story short, he goes back to his car to check my insurance and all that ****. Decides to write me a ticket for following too close, which is BS, he slammed on his brakes to force that. I told him his ticket was BS and I wasn't going to pay a red cent of it. We exchanged a bit more and he finally left. I've never talked to cops that way before but what he did was lame.
                              Go ahead and fight it most cops never show up anyway.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X