OT- Jet Ski advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- Jet Ski advice

Looking at buying a used Jet Ski. My price range is 5 to 6 K what do I need to know ? What should I get ?

Buy two of them. there's my best advice.

Explanation: Unless you have friends that already have them and ride them you will grow tired of carrying passengers for company. I always wanted one, got one, wished i had friends with some all the time, then stopped using mine after the novelty wore off. Hard to believe but the Novelty does wear off. Everyone i talk to about jet skis seem to say the same.

Brand wise: Dealer network is important, but as long as you keep it maintained it will keep running. My family's 1994 Sea Doo still runs fine to this day. It's never seen a mechanic.

Comment

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/LI8x94EVQ7E?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/LI8x94EVQ7E?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

Get a couple newer standup 850's.

Comment

I had two Jet Skis. Both Sea Doos, a 97 XP and a 98 GTX. Had them for three years and they are a blast if you have someone to ride with. Me and Wife rode ours. Got tired of no where to park and watched people sitting on their pontoons and/or other people skiing with their ski boats. You have to ride it or pull to the bank and park it. You can't do much from it but ride it. You can't dive off of it, sit in the water and play, or anything else.

We sold ours and bought a pontoon and it was a much better choice hands down. Now, we are planning on buying two more jet skis sometime in the future so we can hang out on the pontoon and also ride around the lake on the Jet Skis. Best of both worlds, I guess!! We are water people and love the lakes.

Comment

Get a canoe they are cheaper and way more satisfying

Comment

Sea doo spark... Old school small weight ski fun.

Comment

I've had 3, first was a Yamaha waverunner, big mistake, 3 person ski's are slow! traded it for a Seadoo XP and loved it. Sold that and got a Kawasaki Zxi and that was a beast too. But, do get 2 if you are married, or have a live in GF, otherwise it gets boring riding alone all the time.
                Get a wet suite too, I skied all year round, in Texas, but it gets cold in the winter.

Or, one of these, look like a ton of fun.
                Last edited by hades; 07-03-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

does the boat come with her?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighJC View Post
                    Forget that boat get two of the woman.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighJC View Post
                      Only if the boat is a tantra master.

Comment

Get 2 and you will have a lot more fun and they are easier to sell as a pair when you grow tired of them. The other thing is have someone with a pontoon it makes it a lot more enjoyable you can ride for a bit then just pull up beside the boat and switch riders then you can just kick back and drink some beers

Comment

I already have a boat. Thought this might be fun to take with it. Think I should still have two ?
                          Last edited by Quoydogs; 07-03-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

You can always rent jetskis, you don't have to buy. Try renting just a few times out and have your fun. You might find, especially since you have a boat, that you've had some fun with it but don't want the hassle of owning the jetskis.

Comment

Rent everything because that is what you are doing anyway.

Unless you plan on living forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X