Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RUNNING BACK Situation NOT GOOD ENOUGH

To win a superbowl....

Elway better bring in a vet after cuts or do something, right now if this team rolls with Ball, CJ, and Ronnie Bustillman then this team and mannings neck are in big big trouble

Ball can learn alot, but unfortunately he has alot to learn about crunch time and big 3rd downs. His durability is unproven in the NFL. Shame on the front office thinking "high miles ball" is a proven rock toter in the NFL, this isn't the Big 10....

CJ Anderson has no clue what to do on passing downs and blitz pickup...

Ronnie Bustillman, wow, what a soft, weak runner, wouldn't surprise me if he gets cut. Gase is on record as a Non Fan....

You better get more legs Elway.....Not this thread in Mid October.

Homers........
    Last edited by wolf754life; 07-02-2014, 11:09 PM. Reason: ommission

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
    To win a superbowl....

Elway better bring in a vet after cuts or do something, right now if this team rolls with Ball, CJ, and Ronnie Bustillman then this team and mannings neck are in big big trouble

Ball can learn alot, but unfortunately he has alot to learn about crunch time and big 3rd downs. His durability is unproven in the NFL. Shame on the front office thinking "high miles ball" is a proven rock toter in the NFL, this isn't the Big 10....

Ronnie Bustillman, wow, what a soft, weak runner, wouldn't surprise me if he gets cut. Gase is on record as a Non Fan....

Homers........
    sounds like something I would get upset about and post a rant on a internet message board about

Comment

Ball should be fine. The problem last year isn't that we didn't have the players to run the ball. We just opted to not do so. Give our RBs the reps, and they will be fine imo.

There is no reason that we need to pass as much as we did last year. We only did it because we could. Which wasn't very smart.. we need to dedicate more to the running game. Another player won't make us magically better at RB. A smarter gameplan with more dedication to running the ball will do that. =)

Comment

To win a superbowl....

Homers........
        Do you know English?

Comment

This is fair, Ball still has to prove he can do it... talent is one thing but many with talent haven't been able to do it consistently... Hillman sucks, he's a write off... Gerald Wilhite even thinks he's undersized and slow...

Maybe an unheralded guy can step up...

Comment

The Broncos issues over the last I dunno how many years.. is the lack of dedication to a single RB, and the running game in general. Give Ball the chance - he could be the last piece we need to be amazing. RB by committee, a strong commitment to passing.. when running the game out works better.. they just need to change their mindset.

PFM won't mind.. pressure off him would be great. It's basically what killed us in the SB. When you are one dimensional, it's a heck of a lot easier to gameplan against you.

Comment

You want a vet to be insurance or you think a vet can take Ball's job? I have no problem as a back up especially if Ball gets injured. I do think Ball will be considered a very good starting RB.

Comment

Hopefully a vet gets cut and we pick them up. I have faith that ball will step up but things happen and you can be on your 2nd / 3rd string in a hurry. It appears to be the only real weakness this team have besides MLB.

Comment

So many people forget running the ball isn't just only about the RB's. As stated, it's a commitment to run more, get more physical. And your line has to block better. Yes, it's true, we don't have AP on our team but neither do 31 other teams. I'm fine with who we have to start out with. We have a few new backs from college so who knows. Nobody thought TD was anything special this time of year in his rookie season. I honestly think the better running teams don't necessarily have better RB's then we do, they just have better blocking in the run game.

Comment

To win a superbowl....

Homers........

Comment

If the current stable of RB's is what we have, than Denver rolls with it. There is clearly a youth movement at the position. If Denver feels they can run with them, than that is it. Who is out there on the scrap heap? And I expect some season ending injuries coming depleting the position rather than a vet RB getting cut who would actually help this team.

Comment

Anderson looked good in his one preseason game. Thats enough to convince me

Comment

To win a superbowl....

Homers........
                          Can we say over reaction

Comment

To win a superbowl....

Homers........
                            Where did Elway go wrong, what would have done for the RB position? I mean with all the biatching you got a solution right?

Comment

THANK you!

There can be little doubt this is the least-proven, least experienced RB group we've ever gone to camp with. By at least one-third, maybe half. Lemme go out on a limb: This group has just 60% as many carries as the group with the 2nd fewest ever. Since the merger, anyway.

Slowest, too ... even with Hillman.

I GET it, they LIKE BALL. Fine. But don't bet the farm his 119 carries makes him ready for a full load, nor that his fumbleitis is gone forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X