Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Rainbow Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-child-everywh

"Of course, when Reading Rainbow began in 1983, we were using television to bring books to kids, meeting them where they wanted to be. In 2014, TV is not that place anymore. Now, we’re trying to reach a new generation of digital natives.

That’s why, two years ago, I launched the Reading Rainbow App for tablets. Building on the basics of the television series, we put hundreds of quality books – and educational video field trips – right in a child’s hands.

But despite this progress, there are big challenges left to face.

First, not all families have access to tablets. Our goal is to cultivate a love of reading in all children, not just those that have tablets. To reach kids everywhere, we need to be everywhere: we need to be on the web, on mobile devices, on game consoles and on connected televisions.

Second, a resounding number of teachers have told me that they want Reading Rainbow in their classrooms, where they know it can make a difference. We will provide it, along with the tools that teachers need, including teacher guides, leveling, and dashboards. And with your help, we'll provide it to thousands of disadvantaged classrooms for FREE."

Do we get free dick-pills for signing up?

Comment

I would send in some money if Gates mCfadden would read "Failure is not an Option" to me.

Comment

Seth McFarlane went hammer.

Comment

is Jordy still the Reading Rainbow guy?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
            Yep. Guy has a passion.. been doing it one way or the other for 30+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by Fedaykin View Post
              Yep. Guy has a passion.. been doing it one way or the other for 30+ years.
              so how can he read books if he's blind?
              Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 06-30-2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

so how can he read books if he's blind?
                They fixed him in the last STTNG movie(s) He hasn't needed the visor for the last 10 years at least.

Comment

On a somewhat related note, TNG Season 8 on twitter is hilarious.

Picard suspects a terraforming company is instigating planetary wars. Data & Geordi have to spray a dolphin every 30 minutes or it'll die.
                  Riker infiltrates a saboteur cult in the Neutral Zone. Worf demands an honorable death when the crew learns his middle name is Ashley.
                  Troi's secret agent past catches up with her. It's clear to the rest of the crew that Geordi & Data are hiding a panda in their quarters.

Comment

I can fly anywhere!

Take a look, it's in a book, a reading rainbow!

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                      I can fly anywhere!

Take a look, it's in a book, a reading rainbow!
                      Best theme song ever

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DQfiWFwVF8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

See i think of him as tv's Lavar burton where he shoes up to a party with 3 dudes singing karoke and one in a towel.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                          They fixed him in the last STTNG movie(s) He hasn't needed the visor for the last 10 years at least.
                          oh, well that solves that. maybe it's better late than never that they got around to closing that Reading Rainbow plot hole.

Comment

Working...
                          X