Everybody in Colorado, Go Do This!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody in Colorado, Go Do This!

Spent the last few days hiking up around the trails in Rocky Mountain National Park to Bear Lake...

Nymph Lake and then, Dream Lake...

Emerald Lake...

Alberta Falls...

Absolutely incredible, magnificent, majestic, and ever other word I can think of. This is why you live in Colorado. We're having a real good runoff this year. All the rivers and lakes are full. I saw a lot of trout (but didn't take any gear ). The road to Estes is detoured around the backside. We went up on Thursday. I wouldn't try it on a weekend. But the high country is absolutely magnificent this year. Flowers are blooming. Elk munching up on the tundra. Even the occasional moose. If you can do it, now's the time. Fill your lungs with that pine-scented air.

It is what I miss most about Colorado. Fillin' up your 45L pack in an hour or so, and hike 5-10 miles and be in the middle of nowhere, but between everything wonderful.

Comment

Don't miss this one either;

Comment

Sloan's Lake is another great one!

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
          Sloan's Lake is another great one!
          picture?

Comment

In all seriousness, we were serious campers when I was growing up. I still get silly excited when I go visit Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. We also had a little trailer up at Granby, so we spent a bunch of time on the other side of the Divide. That whole area is one of my favorite places in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
              picture?
              This is Sloan's Lake:

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
                picture?
                It's in Denver. When I was growing up, it was a little scary, so I was being sarcastic.

Here's Grand Lake, though! Breathtaking place!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Some awesome scenery in this thread

Comment

Sigh, I miss Colorado

Comment

Trappers Lake Colorado in the heart of the White River National Forest and Flat Tops Wilderness Area. The lake is awesome (native cutthroat trout) and there are many trails from the campground to the higher lakes and streams.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                          It's in Denver. When I was growing up, it was a little scary, so I was being sarcastic.

Here's Grand Lake, though! Breathtaking place!
                          As an update on Sloan's from when we were growing up (all of north Denver seemed like a third world country to me): Its now one of the top 3 places people want to live in Denver. Its a great park with a 2.7 mile trail around the lake. From one side you get a great view of the mountains and the other the city. Sheridan still borders it to the west, which makes it iffy, but its a well used, clean, family friendly park now.

Comment

You're not the boss of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                              Trappers Lake Colorado in the heart of the White River National Forest and Flat Tops Wilderness Area. The lake is awesome (native cutthroat trout) and there are many trails from the campground to the higher lakes and streams.
                              LOVE LOVE LOVE trappers lake! In High School I cut some of the trail going up to Mirror lake (nearby). If you have horses then you must take this trip! Never forgot this one valley that was a sea of raspberries.

Comment

Working...
                              X