Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Thomas and Maia Chaka break NFL Glass Ceiling

Officials Sarah Thomas, Maia Chaka to break NFL Glass Ceiling

Two women, line judge Sarah Thomas and head linesperson Maia Chaka, will work minicamps and preseason games this year. They are in the officiating development program and officiated in Conference USA in 2013.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ason/11413685/
    Attached Files

Would.

Comment

Comment

OMG.... Horrible

Comment

Conference USA had some terrible reffing this past season...I wouldn't be thrilled to have anyone making the straight jump from there.

Comment

another case of the NFL marketing itself to women. Hey, I love women too but for the NFL to absolutely cow-tow to this market is just plain silly. However, that's the NFL for you. It's all about $$$$$$$. They are a $10 billion dollar a year industry that wants to be a $27 billion dollar a year industry withing the next 15 years and that means it must cater to the woman.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GlkoQ4bUE5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
              another case of the NFL marketing itself to women. Hey, I love women too but for the NFL to absolutely cow-tow to this market is just plain silly. However, that's the NFL for you. It's all about $$$$$$$. They are a $10 billion dollar a year industry that wants to be a $27 billion dollar a year industry withing the next 15 years and that means it must cater to the woman.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GlkoQ4bUE5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              I think what the NFL is trying to say is that anyone can ref these games better than the clowns we've had the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                I think what the NFL is trying to say is that anyone can ref these games better than the clowns we've had the last 10 years.
                Trust me, the NFL is going full retard on the female market. Just watch the NFLN for an hour or two and watch how much it caters to women in its commercials and in its hosts (women, women reporters). The pink ribbon breat cancer stuff.

The NFL knows it's only going to reach its lofty profit goals if more women get start buying its product. Again, I love the woman. WO-MAN. But I also know when a good product is going to crap, and this is the direction the NFL is heading IMHO.

Comment

Ok ... I'll be the first to mention this .......
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                    another case of the NFL marketing itself to women. Hey, I love women too but for the NFL to absolutely cow-tow to this market is just plain silly.
                    Ya man! I think the whole thing is ridiculous. I mean those women have breasts, and you know, the whistle is going to get caught up in them. Plus what if they're on their..you know..lady time during a big game? Oh boy I wouldn't want to be a football player who happened to remind them of their daddy or cheating ex-boyfriend! And lets not forget how fragile they are. I mean you need to be an incredible athlete to make it as an NFL referee. Like this guy:

There is absolutely no way.. NO WAY... that having women as officials is just a good idea on its own merit. They should be in the concession stand making me sandwiches!

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                      Ya man! I think the whole thing is ridiculous. I mean those women have breasts, and you know, the whistle is going to get caught up in them. Plus what if they're on their..you know..lady time during a big game? Oh boy I wouldn't want to be a football player who happened to remind them of their daddy or cheating ex-boyfriend! And lets not forget how fragile they are. I mean you need to be an incredible athlete to make it as an NFL referee. Like this guy:

There is absolutely no way.. NO WAY... that having women as officials is just a good idea on its own merit. They should be in the concession stand making me sandwiches!

Comment

They should be in the concession stand making me sandwiches!
                        I say let them play the game
                        Attached Files

Comment

This wouldn't be so bad ...

Comment

The point is, it's another way that the NFL is marketing itself to women. I used to admire the NFL's breast cancer awarness month but the reality is it's nothing more than a market ploy for women. Now, there's nothing wrong with marketing some elements of the NFL to women, nothing at all. But to go all out for the female market is disingenuous at best. Women are never going to be able to play in the NFL, and furthermore, I seriously doubt any woman would ever want to play in the NFL (maybe as a punter or kicker) so why continue to endanger your core market (men and our testosterone filled love of football) for a prettier game? Some things I see in an attempt to cater to women:

--NFLN (just watch this channel for a little while an pay attention)
                            --NFL rules like protecting the QB, making it all about passing
                            --If the NFL wants to protect player's health, improve equipment/coaching/technique
                            --a full month of pink marketing where the NFL generates revenue stream
                            --Head's Up football promotion where it absolutely is catering to mothers
                            --Female refs, why? Why not just hire full time refs and be done with it?

I believe in hiring refs who at some level have played the game. Even if it was only pee-wee through HS, they have played the game at some level.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                              Officials Sarah Thomas, Maia Chaka to break NFL Glass Ceiling

Two women, line judge Sarah Thomas and head linesperson Maia Chaka, will work minicamps and preseason games this year. They are in the officiating development program and officiated in Conference USA in 2013.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ason/11413685/
                              If they call a better game then some of those jackasses then great. Could care less if they lack balls.

Comment

Working...
                              X