Wait on Tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait on Tickets?

My wife will be attending her first football game ever when we play the Dolphins. wait to buy tix? Or just handle it now and be set?

I've had good luck out there before but it was pre-Manning

Originally posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
    My wife will be attending her first football game ever when we play the Dolphins. wait to buy tix? Or just handle it now and be set?

Depends on how your appetite for risk. Tickets within 24 hours of game time are almost always much cheaper. They tend to get a bit more expensive a week or so before the game tho. In general, there isn't going to be a ton of difference between buying them now and buying them a week or two before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
      Depends on how your appetite for risk. Tickets within 24 hours of game time are almost always much cheaper. They tend to get a bit more expensive a week or so before the game tho. In general, there isn't going to be a ton of difference between buying them now and buying them a week or two before the game.
      Lol I made the mistake of buying Broncos-Jags tix in Jacksonville. I bought early and paid a premium because I thought they would run out... $45. Same tix were available for $14 game day.

Comment

Originally posted by vancejohnson82 View Post

Explain the situation to her and then wait a week to see if the dusting and sandwiches improve. Base your decision off of that.

Comment

I'm gonna pull the trigger and order some for the Cardinals game soon. Early in the year, so weather won't be an issue on my drive from Texas, like it was last year for the Titans game.

Comment

If this is a must go to game, I would try to get the single game tickets or buy ASAP. Who knew last year the KC Denver game would be the game of the year to that point.

If you are OK with possibly missing out then wait to see how each team is doing

Comment

I was in the position of having to snag a couple extra tickets to that Chiefs game last year (side by side, not the singles from the ticket office)

It was a little more stressful, but waiting until the last couple days is pretty much always the right call. There are always people who can't go. Probably more and more of them. But they price themselves with the fisherman. ("I'll go myself unless I can get $250 each for them") But in the last couple days, the prices drop like a rock, as the holders who really can't be there start to panic.

For the big games, the prices start higher, and end higher. But it still always seems to work on the same schedule. Plus I can't see any reason to think the Dolphins game could wind up like the Chiefs game last year. Even if they blow up as a team (doubt it) it's not a divisional rival or bitter AFC rival (Pats, Colts, etc) so I can't see the tickets ever reaching the level of those.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                I was in the position of having to snag a couple extra tickets to that Chiefs game last year (side by side, not the singles from the ticket office)

It was a little more stressful, but waiting until the last couple days is pretty much always the right call. There are always people who can't go. Probably more and more of them. But they price themselves with the fisherman. ("I'll go myself unless I can get $250 each for them") But in the last couple days, the prices drop like a rock, as the holders who really can't be there start to panic.

For the big games, the prices start higher, and end higher. But it still always seems to work on the same schedule. Plus I can't see any reason to think the Dolphins game could wind up like the Chiefs game last year. Even if they blow up as a team (doubt it) it's not a divisional rival or bitter AFC rival (Pats, Colts, etc) so I can't see the tickets ever reaching the level of those.
                so you wait until the day before or day of the game to buy? do you go to the stadium and buy it there? craigslist? stub hub?

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
                  so you wait until the day before or day of the game to buy? do you go to the stadium and buy it there? craigslist? stub hub?
                  If I need more than one Craigslist it my go to. If I'm going by myself I usually show up at around 1:45 and almost always have a ticket by 2:00. I did fail to get a ticket once, so I just went to Strange and watched the game there.

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingTiger View Post
                    stub hub or the exchange. At that point they should only be available by instant download. In the old days, I'd picked tix up from scalpers outside. But the online trading sites have screwed that market up so much I'm not sure I'd trust it anymore. It's hit or miss, I'm sure.

Cheapest way to go, if you can stand it, as someone else said I think. Get leftover singles straight from the ticket office. Sometimes even at half-face value. But that's pretty much a non-starter if you want to sit together.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                      Explain the situation to her and then wait a week to see if the dusting and sandwiches improve. Base your decision off of that.
                      Obviously, this!

Weather will effect prices and bad weather means people are dumping tickets. This game seems to be one of the cheaper ones for the schedule. If game is early in the season, those don't have the problems and all teams are still in contention for the playoffs. Manning era has made tickets much more expensive. Add that the Broncos have been to the playoffs the last 3 seasons has made fandom almost peak (SB win will bring the massive bandwagon to Denver).

Comment

Single game tixs go on sale today at 11:00 am MST

Half price tickets go on sale today at 1:00 am MST

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                          Single game tixs go on sale today at 11:00 am MST

Half price tickets go on sale today at 1:00 am MST
                          Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X