Denver Defense Won't Fail Broncos This Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
    The thing is, when your BEST IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL offense takes a gigantic dump on the field then nothing else really can help you
    All eleven players on O must preform at a high level to be an awesome offense

Players that did not do that;

Moreno

Ball

Manning

Franklin

O line in general.

It's not all on Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
      All eleven players on O must preform at a high level to be an awesome offense

Players that did not do that;

Moreno

Ball

Manning

Franklin

O line in general.

It's not all on Manning.
      You'll note that my quote doesn't mention Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
        You'll note that my quote doesn't mention Manning.
        The general flavor of the thread is it's on manning.

I did not mean to single you out.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
          The general flavor of the thread is it's on manning.

I did not mean to single you out.
          No worries.

Comment

awwww

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
              awwww
              It was a bro hug hallmark moment.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                The greatest offense of all time completely **** the bed when it mattered, so "on paper" musings do little for me now.
                Yup. I don't care how good the defense is, or could have been last year. Our O did absolutely nothing in the biggest game of the year, how could an improved D help that?
                Sure, you could argue better field position, but the way they played, even if we had the ball on the 50 we'd still go 3 and out more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                  The greatest offense of all time completely **** the bed when it mattered, so "on paper" musings do little for me now.
                  AMEN agree 100%

Comment

I am going expect ALOT more from D in 2014. As well as Fox Del rio and Gase no more excuses men.

Comment

Originally posted by hades View Post
                      Yup. I don't care how good the defense is, or could have been last year. Our O did absolutely nothing in the biggest game of the year, how could an improved D help that?
                      Sure, you could argue better field position, but the way they played, even if we had the ball on the 50 we'd still go 3 and out more often than not.
                      the D could have helped by getting a stop somewhere, and forcing a punt in the first half. The D could have come up with a turnover somewhere.

possession wise, our D gave up the following:

9 play, 51 yard drive for a FG (1-2 on 3rd down)
                      13 play, 58 yard drive for a FG (3-4 on 3rd down)
                      7 play 37 yard drive for TD (1-1 on 3rd down)
                      4 play, 11 yard drive, punt (0-1 on 3rd down)
                      6 play, 58 yard drive for TD (1-1 on 3rd down)
                      5 play, 48 yard drive for TD (1-1 on 3rd down)

before Sattle took their foot off of the gas. during this run, Seattle was 7-10 on 3rd downs. one of these failed 3rd down attempts was 17 yards to go after a holding call on Okung. The other two failed 3rd downs resulted in FG's.

Our D never really got a stop. They got the Seahawks to bog down in the red-zone a couple times and they had holding called against them - that's pretty much all they did all game. This is the type of performance I was used to seeing back in 2008 - reminiscent of the Slowik era.

I'm not trying to pin the loss on the D at all, just sayin that when the O struggled, the D wasn't capable of pulling their weight. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
                        the D could have helped by getting a stop somewhere, and forcing a punt in the first half. The D could have come up with a turnover somewhere.
                        Yup. O deserves more blame IMO, but anyone excusing the D is misremembering what happened in that game. D didn't get it done, either.

Comment

**** the defense. It was solid. It was the offense that got bitch slapped senseless.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                            The banged up Defense help that embrassment of a Manning led offense stay in the game, it could have been completely out of hand in the first quarter.

Its good they got deeper, it was needed- but I'd hardly say they lacked mental toughness in the SB. It was called fighting for ones life, alot.
                            While true, they forced 0 punts, 0 turnovers, got 0 QB hits/0 sacks.

They did keep them in the game but it's overplayed how the defense played vs Seattle, hint it wasnt that great sans the run-D.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                              solid in all 43 points that the Seattle scored on us.. does beat the 8 that the offense scored... we can only go up from here..
                              It was a ugly final score but if we had made it closer at the half it could have been a different game. The defense was down multiple starters so their issues were somewhat expected. The offense...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                                Pretty sure thats a comment directed at people saying they're going for it now and dont care about the future.

Salary cap stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X