• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Defense Won't Fail Broncos This Time

Article Here @ ESPN

Excerpt:

Everything looks solid on paper.

The Denver Broncos have gotten deeper, faster, more athletic and edgier this offseason. They've significantly upgraded a defense that failed to create enough turnovers last season and lacked the mental toughness displayed by their Super Bowl XLVIII counterpart.

The banged up Defense help that embrassment of a Manning led offense stay in the game, it could have been completely out of hand in the first quarter.

Its good they got deeper, it was needed- but I'd hardly say they lacked mental toughness in the SB. It was called fighting for ones life, alot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
      The greatest offense of all time completely **** the bed when it mattered, so "on paper" musings do little for me now.
      Good point there. And considering most our injuries occurred on defense it's not like the offense was depleted from the regular season going into that game.

Comment

I'm more excited about things like Von and Derek Wolfe coming back healthy, Q, McCray and the continued development of Malik Jackson. If just half of those guys return as solid contributors, our defense will be significantly better.

Comment

If the defense can win without Manning having to throw 30 times a game we would be better off late in the season.

Comment

Offensive problem in the SB = Broncos need a real running game to take the pressure off of Manning. Everybody has a bad day unfortunately Manning had his during the biggest game of 2013. I think Ball (CJ Anderson & Hillman) along with a much better run O line will provide that this year.

Comment

I fact the only thing I am concerned with going in to 2014 is Special Teams especially the return men.

Comment

The greatest offense of all time completely **** the bed when it mattered, so "on paper" musings do little for me now.
                Boom.... Nailed it

Comment

"Everyone says you want to win now," Elway said. "I say, 'No, we want to win from now on.'"

Comment

The defense is bigger and stronger than anything we have seen in Denver

Von is the best playmaking LBer in the NFL if he comes back 100%

Comment

/thread

Comment

Remember Elway did not have his best games in Super Bowls either. The reason we won the last two he played in was in big part because of TD.

Manning had a worn down Moreno, rookie Ball and CJ Anderson (did Hillman even suit up?).

Ball and Co. this year will give Denver a legit running game.

Comment

In shorts and on paper I am not going to get overly excited with reports on how great the D looks. I can't take anything even a little serious until pads come on.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                            /thread
                            the thing is, when your offense stumbles (for example Manning is not having a good game aka last SB) then two things have to happen: the defense needs to keep the team in the game via getting off the field on 3rd down (defense did NOT do this in the SB) and creating turnovers (defense did NOT do this is the SB). Now I know that the defense had missing pieces, but still, the SB was their time to shine and I didn't see it.

Here's what I want from this 2014 team: a great running game and an even greater defense. Manning is going to have his bad days, especially in the playoffs. This is when the running game and defense is key. See the Seattle Seahawks if you want to know when this counts the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                              the thing is, when your offense stumbles (for example Manning is not having a good game aka last SB) then two things have to happen: the defense needs to keep the team in the game via getting off the field on 3rd down (defense did NOT do this in the SB) and creating turnovers (defense did NOT do this is the SB). Now I know that the defense had missing pieces, but still, the SB was their time to shine and I didn't see it.

Here's what I want from this 2014 team: a great running game and an even greater defense. Manning is going to have his bad days, especially in the playoffs. This is when the running game and defense is key. See the Seattle Seahawks if you want to know when this counts the most.

The thing is, when your BEST IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL offense takes a gigantic dump on the field then nothing else really can help you

Comment

Working...
                              X