X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charger agree to deal with Brandon Flowers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...7b6_story.html

Oh NO! We are Screwed!
    Last edited by Kevin8Nine; 06-24-2014, 05:36 PM.

Not screwed, but I was hoping he'd give the Broncos a discount rate to go for a Super Bowl / get back at the Chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogulseeker View Post
      Not screwed, but I was hoping he'd give the Broncos a discount rate to go for a Super Bowl / get back at the Chiefs.
      I second that. But he's just gonna stay in the division and get burned by the Broncos some more. Oh well.

Comment

I knew he was going to stay in the division, though.

Comment

He gives the Chuggers some depth, their D was good and their depth got better today. I was hoping if he stayed in the division he would go to Oakland but Manning had his way with him last year so not all that worried.

Comment

Comment

Chargers will be a tough win this year I think.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                He gives the Chuggers some depth, their D was good and their depth got better today. I was hoping if he stayed in the division he would go to Oakland but Manning had his way with him last year so not all that worried.
                That's probably because he was used in the wrong scheme. He did much better in Crennel's scheme than Sutton's since he's more of a off coverage zone corner, which is what our defense runs.

Comment

10x better than what we had, even coming off a down year (for him). I was pretty disappointed the Queefs snatched him right before our pick in 2008. We ended up with Antoine Cason instead.

Comment

Originally posted by 400HZ View Post
                    10x better than what we had, even coming off a down year (for him). I was pretty disappointed the Queefs snatched him right before our pick in 2008. We ended up with Antoine Cason instead.
                    How's your secondary coach? If he was coming here I'd have every confidence he was going to improve. McCoy is a good coach and while not all of his hires I am a fan of, some were pretty savvy and they may get Flowers where he needs to be again. You can see the difference in play from '12 to '13 at several positions and a lot of that is coaching.

One thing underrated about our coaching staff is their ability to develop players, both new and old. This means no matter who we sign they are going to be at least as good as they were on their previous team and probably better. Bronco fans take for granted that a lot of the guys who come here and play over their heads.
                    Last edited by Kaylore; 06-25-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

decent pickup this late in the season.

Comment

Brandon Flowers is a very good corner. There's a reason why Manning picked on Marcus Cooper. I hate that Flowers is staying in the division...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          How's your secondary coach? If he was coming here I'd have every confidence he was going to improve. Gase is a good coach and while not all of his hires I am a fan of, some were pretty savvy and they may get Flowers where he needs to be again. You can see the difference in play from '12 to '13 at several positions and a lot of that is coaching.

One thing underrated about our coaching staff is their ability to develop players, both new and old. This means no matter who we sign they are going to be at least as good as they were on their previous team and probably better. Bronco fans take for granted that a lot of the guys who come here and play over their heads.
                          I thought Gase was Denver's offensive guy?

The Chargers had personnel problems all over the defense last season. The defensive coaching staff did not have much to work. We generally got solid play from the safety position (Eric Weddle, Marcus Gilchrist, Jahleel Addae), and poor-to-terrible play from the corners (Shareece Wright, Richard Marshall, and Derrek Cox). Cox is already gone, Marshall was re-signed this offseason, but he'll be fighting for a roster spot. I would expect the top 3 this season to be Flowers, Wright, and first round rookie Jason Verrett. Wright was a first-year starter last season, so there is hope for improvement. If not, Verrett will need to step up.

SD's pass rush group will be substantially different too, with Melvin Ingram and Dwight Freeney back from injury, and second round pick OLB Jerry Attaochu added.

Better talent overall, and better depth usually makes coaches look smart. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by 400HZ View Post
                            I thought Gase was Denver's offensive guy?

The Chargers had personnel problems all over the defense last season. The defensive coaching staff did not have much to work. We generally got solid play from the safety position (Eric Weddle, Marcus Gilchrist, Jahleel Addae), and poor-to-terrible play from the corners (Shareece Wright, Richard Marshall, and Derrek Cox). Cox is already gone, Marshall was re-signed this offseason, but he'll be fighting for a roster spot. I would expect the top 3 this season to be Flowers, Wright, and first round rookie Jason Verrett. Wright was a first-year starter last season, so there is hope for improvement. If not, Verrett will need to step up.

SD's pass rush group will be substantially different too, with Melvin Ingram and Dwight Freeney back from injury, and second round pick OLB Jerry Attaochu added.

Better talent overall, and better depth usually makes coaches look smart. We'll see.
                            Sorry I meant McCoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              Sorry I meant McCoy.
                              He inspires much more hope than Norval did. Same with Telesco vs. late stage AJ Smith.

Comment

Working...
                              X