Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elway Made Right Move With Moreno

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Elway Made Right Move With Moreno

    Knowshon already down for the count in Miami with a knee 'clean-up'. No worries. Out for a month, but he'll be back for camp.

    Sound familiar?

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m-knee-surgery

    Look, I feel for the guy and he was a major contributor down the stretch in 2013, but Elway made the right move letting him walk.

  • #2
    THE MOON.
    WE LANDED ON IT.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Durango View Post
      Knowshon already down for the count in Miami with a knee 'clean-up'. No worries. Out for a month, but he'll be back for camp.

      Sound familiar?

      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m-knee-surgery

      Look, I feel for the guy and he was a major contributor down the stretch in 2013, but Elway made the right move letting him walk.
      He helped us last year inmensely. Actually, he had a couple of good seasons with us.
      The reality is, Knowshon is not the type of running back we want. I beleive he was used to the best of his ability in catching the ball on the flat, pass block protection, and another sort of plays and gadges we all saw.
      We need a pure RB, and for that, we need somebody to be durable and take the punishment a tradicional RB is bound to endure. Of course being able to block is mandatory...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by crush17 View Post
        THE MOON.
        WE LANDED ON IT.
        Well to be fair, we all knew he was struggling on the field but I think the news of the clean up surgery is recent.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hopefully Ball will be able to carry the load, because I am not too enthused about who we have behind him, but they are young -- so only time will tell. I hope we add a talented back in 2015 in the draft, there are a lot of quality players with the top underclassmen expected to declare. I could easily see several first round backs -- it is a lot better than last year, Denver wasn't pleased with any of the backs in 2014 and it shows by them passing them over to address other positions.

          Draft Selections, 2015.

          1
          2
          3
          5
          5 (Bears)
          6
          7

          Plus the three our four compensatory picks we will get in the early-mid rounds. A lot of quality backs and we will likely have 10 selections to grab at least one!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Requiem View Post
            Hopefully Ball will be able to carry the load, because I am not too enthused about who we have behind him, but they are young -- so only time will tell. I hope we add a talented back in 2015 in the draft, there are a lot of quality players with the top underclassmen expected to declare. I could easily see several first round backs -- it is a lot better than last year, Denver wasn't pleased with any of the backs in 2014 and it shows by them passing them over to address other positions.

            Draft Selections, 2015.

            1
            2
            3
            5
            5 (Bears)
            6
            7

            Plus the three our four compensatory picks we will get in the early-mid rounds. A lot of quality backs and we will likely have 10 selections to grab at least one!
            Not so sure about that. We've seen the trend lately and that means even the best backs are going early 2nd round. I'd be highly surprised to see "several" backs go in the 1st round. I'd be surprised to even see 1 go in the 1st round unless he was a Peterson clone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Durango View Post
              Knowshon already down for the count in Miami with a knee 'clean-up'. No worries. Out for a month, but he'll be back for camp.

              Sound familiar?

              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m-knee-surgery

              Look, I feel for the guy and he was a major contributor down the stretch in 2013, but Elway made the right move letting him walk.
              What this point in contention by someone? I thought it was pretty clear KnoMo wasn't the right fit...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                Not so sure about that. We've seen the trend lately and that means even the best backs are going early 2nd round. I'd be highly surprised to see "several" backs go in the 1st round. I'd be surprised to even see 1 go in the 1st round unless he was a Peterson clone.
                Todd Gurley is going to go in the first round and I would bet Karlos Williams from FSU will get consideration if he goes crazy this year now that he is indeed "the guy". His size and speed is incredible. Demeanor is nasty, could have been an elite defensive player, but switched to O after signing with the Noles. TJ Yeldon out of Alabama is no slouch either -- all of them are light years ahead in regards to talent than Sankey (who was my favorite RB) and others who went this past year. The draft in 2014 was below-average (IMHO) for running talent, but will be exceptional next season if all three of those declare, plus others.

                Undoubtedly, there has been a devaluation of RB's across the league and it has impacted their draft stock, but those guys are absolutely worthy of a first-round selection. Gurley, pound for pound, is a Top 20 player in the NCAA and the other two I mentioned are monsters.
                Last edited by Requiem; 06-24-2014, 12:01 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                  Well to be fair, we all knew he was struggling on the field but I think the news of the clean up surgery is recent.
                  It's a few days old:

                  http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...postcount=7260

                  And definitely, Elway did the right thing. I don't think there's been a huge question there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    While Elway most likely made the right call, any injuries sustained in another city with another team cannot be used to support that argument. There are too many different factors in play.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Todd Gurley is a pipe dream.

                      A sweet, sweet, wonderful pipe dream.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                        It's a few days old:

                        http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...postcount=7260

                        And definitely, Elway did the right thing. I don't think there's been a huge question there.
                        Sorry. Didn't see it.

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                            Todd Gurley is a pipe dream.

                            A sweet, sweet, wonderful pipe dream.
                            I would be thrilled to see any of those three guys I mentioned here, but it is too early to see if we will need to make RB a #1/#2 priority next year. If the people behind Ball, or if he struggles, it certainly could be.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Moreno just screwed up the market for future RBs with high production lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X