Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl classics on NFLN featuring 2 of our 1980s appearances

Is on now.

I'm watching. We were looking good in the first quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc0guy View Post
      I'm watching. We were looking good in the first quarter.
      Pure unadulterated domination. Then our defense and O-line became a sieve...

Comment

Wasn't there a Denver touchdown called back by a holding call in the 1st half? My grandfather always points to that as a huge break for NY that really swung momentum in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by txtebow View Post
          Pure unadulterated domination. Then our defense and O-line became a sieve...
          Yep. Got freakin owned.

Comment

Originally posted by randerson1184 View Post
            Wasn't there a Denver touchdown called back by a holding call in the 1st half? My grandfather always points to that as a huge break for NY that really swung momentum in their favor.
            I'm not sure, but it's the redskins game they've got on right now.

Comment

I think I will pass on those two games. I saw a rerun in February and watching it "again" in June is too soon. I probably will watch those superbowls when I am about dead years old.

Comment

Tony Lilly. No bueno.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoLifer View Post
                  Tony Lilly. No bueno.
                  Yes, blame the last guy chasing Timmy Smith into the end zone instead of the other 10 he got past.

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                    Yes, blame the last guy chasing Timmy Smith into the end zone instead of the other 10 he got past.
                    I was thinking of his pass "coverage" vs. Ricky Sanders and Gary Clark. I've watched the Broncos for over 40 years now and he was the slowest and worst safety I've ever seen in the line up. Can you name anybody who played S for Denver who was worse?

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                      Wow I have never heard anyone defend Lilly. He was awful in that game. He makes The Dreams blown play look like a good one for his Washington SB. Game was over once Smith started running.

Comment

lmao at Tony Lilly

FYI, there was nothing classic about these 2 games

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                          lmao at Tony Lilly

FYI, there was nothing classic about these 2 games
                          Lilly had a very good career as a Bronco and was part of some great D's but I will always remember him running behind the scores in the 2nd quarter of the Deadskins game.

He deserves better.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                            Lilly had a very good career as a Bronco and was part of some great D's but I will always remember him running behind the scores in the 2nd quarter of the Deadskins game.

He deserves better.
                            he was a backup for most of his career

In his four-year NFL career, he played in fifty-eight game, started fifteen of them, and totaled nine interceptions and three fumble recoveries

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                              he was a backup for most of his career

In his four-year NFL career, he played in fifty-eight game, started fifteen of them, and totaled nine interceptions and three fumble recoveries
                              I must have either confused him with Eddie Mac or those INT's clouded my judgement.

I remember him playing a lot and have seen him in a lot of the old games I have on DVD from the 80's.

Comment

Working...
                              X