Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roster depth key to championships

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roster depth key to championships

    1. Does your team have a real swing offensive tackle, a guy that can play left or right tackle and has experience?

    2. Does your team have a solid inside offensive lineman that can play guard or center?

    3. Is there a quality second running back that can deliver a 100-yard rushing day if he had to start?

    4. Is there a good second tight end on the roster?

    5. Can the third wide receiver step up and start in the two-WR packages if a starter went down?

    6. Does your team have a designated pass-rush specialist who could play the early downs if need be?

    7. Is there a third defensive tackle that not only plays in a rotation but could play the whole game if need be?

    8. Is there a quality nickel corner on the roster, since most teams are at least 50 percent sub defenses?

    9. Is there a fourth corner for dime packages?

    10. Is there a third safety for big nickel defenses?

    11. Is there a return specialist that can either handle both punt and kick returns or contribute as a real position player?

    12. Does your team have a special teams linebacker that leads the specials and can play inside linebacker in a pinch?

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...seattle-has-it

    I think we have most of that other than the RB/LB ones, at 12 and 3.

  • #2
    We don't have a great return man that we know about.

    Comment


    • #3
      Key to championships are your best players staying healthy and on the field. No all pros hitting the IR. Depth is great to have and is a requirement, but Id rather see our 1st stringers play through a year.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
        Key to championships are your best players staying healthy and on the field. No all pros hitting the IR. Depth is great to have and is a requirement, but Id rather see our 1st stringers play through a year.
        No argument here.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by baja View Post
          We don't have a great return man that we know about.
          We have one, we just don't know him yet. We cannot know that which is unseen. We may only see that which is revealed to us. For only in this revelation can we truly become all knowing.

          I bet there are about 50 WTF replies.

          Comment


          • #6
            Your team must have a lot of good players to win a championship?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Lestat View Post
              We have one, we just don't know him yet. We cannot know that which is unseen. We may only see that which is revealed to us. For only in this revelation can we truly become all knowing.

              I bet there are about 50 WTF replies.
              We know there is air yet it is unseen. There may be others....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by baja View Post
                We know there is air yet it is unseen. There may be others....
                Air is not truly unseen, it is the perception by which we presume it to be unseen.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                  Key to championships are your best players staying healthy and on the field. No all pros hitting the IR. Depth is great to have and is a requirement, but Id rather see our 1st stringers play through a year.
                  I'll have to go this route also. Depth is obviously huge, but so is keeping your best players healthy. I guess we had good depth because we made it to the Superbowl on much of it. But then the article would have to be, Depth is the key to a good season and strong playoff push. But to win a championship, you can't just rely on depth players who are in there replacing all pros and pro bowlers. I guess you could live with a few. But we had 7 starters out on IR in the Superbowl. Very very hard to overcome that kind of loss of talent on the field for too long, especially in the Superbowl when you're facing a team that had really no injuries to speak of and a fully healthy roster.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by LikeABoss5820 View Post
                    1. Does your team have a real swing offensive tackle, a guy that can play left or right tackle and has experience?

                    2. Does your team have a solid inside offensive lineman that can play guard or center?

                    3. Is there a quality second running back that can deliver a 100-yard rushing day if he had to start?

                    4. Is there a good second tight end on the roster?

                    5. Can the third wide receiver step up and start in the two-WR packages if a starter went down?

                    6. Does your team have a designated pass-rush specialist who could play the early downs if need be?

                    7. Is there a third defensive tackle that not only plays in a rotation but could play the whole game if need be?

                    8. Is there a quality nickel corner on the roster, since most teams are at least 50 percent sub defenses?

                    9. Is there a fourth corner for dime packages?

                    10. Is there a third safety for big nickel defenses?

                    11. Is there a return specialist that can either handle both punt and kick returns or contribute as a real position player?

                    12. Does your team have a special teams linebacker that leads the specials and can play inside linebacker in a pinch?

                    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...seattle-has-it

                    I think we have most of that other than the RB/LB ones, at 12 and 3.
                    Hillman can deliver a 100 yard game. He just needs to hang on to thew ball.

                    Looking at that list; Denver is set!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                      need some glue to go with that..
                      I believe Hillman and Ball had the same number of fumbles when Hillman was benched. Unlike Ball he did not get a chance to redeem himself. Lets see what he does this year.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                        hes scary.. its either going to be good or really bad..
                        Well, what would your opinion on him be if he stopped fumbling?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                          if that ever happened ..I could watch w/o peeking threw my fingers..
                          Love to see it..
                          We can hope, I know some RBs have short arms or are very muscular and it makes it harder for them to hold on to the ball. I don't see those issues with Hillman.... HE JUST NEEDS TO HOLD ON OT THE BALL!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                            Air is not truly unseen, it is the perception by which we presume it to be unseen.
                            OK how about tape worms than.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                              like I said Glue... hes a wildcard..we shall see..
                              Negative Nancy

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X