Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Adams signs with Colts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike Adams signs with Colts

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ety-mike-adams



    With free agent safety Mike Adams anxious to land a job, the 10-year veteran who helped the Broncos to the Super Bowl last year finally has a new one, as the Colts announced Saturday morning they had signed the 33-year-old.

    Adams spent the past two seasons in Denver where, after starting all 16 games in 2012 and accumulating a career-high 80 tackles, he became a part-time starter in 2013. Before that, Adams spent five seasons with the Browns and three with the 49ers.

    β€œThis is the longest I've ever waited to get picked up so the anxiety is starting to pick up now,” Adams said this past week on Sirius XM radio, via PFT. β€œI can't fathom me going out like this. I can't imagine losing a big game and not even having another opportunity to step on the field. That's why the anxiety is picking up with me.”

    Adams can now exhale all that anxiety while the Colts add some much-needed depth to the safety spot.

    As Pro Football Focus wrote a few months back, "A solid contributor for the Broncos last year, Adams is a fairly average safety at this point in his career, and that's not necessarily a bad thing for teams with a need at the position."

  • #2
    good for Adams, he is a solid player and person: He did a great job for Denver.

    Comment


    • #3
      I liked Adams, wish him nothing but the best!

      Comment


      • #4
        Guess the Broncos felt with T.J. Ward, and with Quinton Carter and Rahim Moore coming back, he was expendable. He was a good Bronco and I wish him the best. Ironic thing is he played a key role in encouraging Ward to come to Denver. Still wish the Broncos would've taken care of business so he could've walked home from the Super Bowl, lol. He always seemed like a good leader and a good guy on and off the field. Happy trails, Mike. Glad to see him get picked up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
          good for Adams, he is a solid player and person: He did a great job for Denver.
          came in to post the same thing almost verbatim. Adams seems like a classy dude

          Comment


          • #6
            Adams is a solid player
            If Q Carter can stay healthy we have good safety death
            But I am slightly worried if he can't because then we have the likes of Bruton and or Ihenacho starting if an injury occurs and that is no bueno

            Comment


            • #7
              I liked Adams. Not the most physically gifted any longer, but the guy leaves it on the field.

              Comment


              • #8
                0-1 fudges are given.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post
                  Guess the Broncos felt with T.J. Ward, and with Quinton Carter and Rahim Moore coming back, he was expendable. He was a good Bronco and I wish him the best. Ironic thing is he played a key role in encouraging Ward to come to Denver. Still wish the Broncos would've taken care of business so he could've walked home from the Super Bowl, lol. He always seemed like a good leader and a good guy on and off the field. Happy trails, Mike. Glad to see him get picked up.
                  No worries so many of us here just knew Champ would move to safety. Wait Opps.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Broncos must feel real confident about Q Carter's knee. As far as we know, they didn't even try to sign Adams. On a side note, I think it was Kliss that mentioned that apparently they are switching Omar Bolden back to CB as he was getting reps there last week ( per a radio interview).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                      The Broncos must feel real confident about Q Carter's knee. As far as we know, they didn't even try to sign Adams. On a side note, I think it was Kliss that mentioned that apparently they are switching Omar Bolden back to CB as he was getting reps there last week ( per a radio interview).
                      Interesting, that means they won't cut any Safeties. The last roster spot likely comes down to Bolden (#6CB) or Nelson (#6LB).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                        Interesting, that means they won't cut any Safeties. The last roster spot likely comes down to Bolden (#6CB) or Nelson (#6LB).
                        Unless Nelson catches fire in TC & preseason, he is probably headed to the PS. I don't think Bolden is PS eligible so he either puts it all together this year, or he's gone. Bolden does have some ST ability so maybe that gives him a bit of an edge. We'll see.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                          Unless Nelson catches fire in TC & preseason, he is probably headed to the PS. I don't think Bolden is PS eligible so he either puts it all together this year, or he's gone. Bolden does have some ST ability so maybe that gives him a bit of an edge. We'll see.
                          If Nelson goes to the PS, I think Bolden is a virtual lock for the final roster. I also think Austin will make it over Unrein. And I think Barrett is going to make it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                            If Nelson goes to the PS, I think Bolden is a virtual lock for the final roster. I think Austin will make it over Unrein. And I think Barrett is going to make it.
                            Interesting. That would be awesome/ scary(for other teams) if he makes a Pot Roast like turn around this year. OTOH, my understanding is that Austin's problem has been health, not achievement. But either way, that would be great.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                              Interesting. That would be awesome/ scary(for other teams) if he makes a Pot Roast like turn around this year. OTOH, my understanding is that Austin's problem has been health, not achievement. But either way, that would be great.
                              Main reason being Unrein would count $1.43M against the cap for minimal production. Austin represents better value at only $570k, and might bring a little more in the pass-rush.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X