Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really Apple? More shiny proprietary things, really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Apple? More shiny proprietary things, really?

If (when) this actually happens, I hope nobody's left to go to the wall to defend them ... they've always as much about form as substance, and this proves it. I don't care how much they paid for Beats Headphones, there is NO qualitative scientific justification for this.

music news
    Apple Jacks The Headphone Port
    June 09, 2014 4:16 PM ET

Apple seems ready to end its use of the standard 3.5mm headphone connector — the mini plug — in favor
    of its proprietary connector, the Lightning port. If it does so, new iPhones, iPads and iPods wouldn't work
    with old headphones. It's had more than a few industry folks and Apple fanatics upset, to say the least.

http://www.npr.org/2014/06/09/320368...headphone-port

Apple and Beats are the perfect match ... they're both ardent admirers of themselves.

Hate to break it to Beats, but Logitech makes products on par with theirs ... in fact, Logitech makes even better products.

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
    If (when) this actually happens, I hope nobody's left to go to the wall to defend them ... they've always as much about form as substance, and this proves it. I don't care how much they paid for Beats Headphones, there is NO qualitative scientific justification for this.

Apple and Beats are the perfect match ... they're both ardent admirers of themselves.

Hate to break it to Beats, but Logitech makes products on par with theirs ... in fact, Logitech makes even better products.
    Logitech and Beats both suck. Bowers and Wilkins all the way.

Comment

I've read more in depth articles on this topic.

If it allows better sound quality and more features... Thats more than justified. Sound quality improvement is a given.

Don't really see the big fuss though - worst case scenario get an adaptor.

Comment

I usually just use the Apple earbuds that come with the phone anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
          Don't really see the big fuss though - worst case scenario get an adaptor.

That's what I want to have to lug around all the time: An adapter.

Best case scenario: get an android.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco John View Post
            That's what I want to have to lug around all the time: An adapter.

Best case scenario: get an android.
            Lug around? How big are you imagining the adaptor to be?

I actually have an Android (Nexus 5) now and have used Android for the past 2+ years. I'll be back for the iPhone with this upcoming 6... most likely.

A lot of the people complaining about it are the same people who don't realize it won't affect their lives as much as they think.

How exactly would the removal of a 3.5mm slot completely alter your life?
            Last edited by Action; 06-11-2014, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Will it ship with the tk421 modification already installed?

Comment

The only thing apple I have ever owned is an old iPod, And it will continue to be so. I do not get the hype that so many have bought into.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post

Beats only does 1 thing really well, marketing. Beats is the vitamin water of the audio market, an overhyped overpriced watery substance with no real value other than name recognition and a strong association with a rapper.

Comment

I actually have an Android (Nexus 5) now and have used Android for the past 2+ years. I'll be back for the iPhone with this upcoming 6... most likely.

A lot of the people complaining about it are the same people who don't realize it won't affect their lives as much as they think.

How exactly would the removal of a 3.5mm slot completely alter your life?
                    Completely removing the headphone jack won't altar anyones life, it will just drive more people away from Apple products. So instead of being able to run out and buy a cheap pair or headphones if mine break or im on travel or whatever I am forced to buying an expensive pair of headphones or some stupid adapter and headphones.

Comment

I have been a big fan of Apple products but the hand writing is on the wall, the public lust for anything Apple is deteriorating. The " I am cool because I own Apple " factor is fading fast. If you have Apple stock might want to sell. With Jobs gone Apple is just another gadget maker.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                        Will it ship with the tk421 modification already installed?
                        Only on the Death Star approved models.

Comment

Given Apple's history, just large enough to be clunky and inconvenient but small enough that the apologists will insist its not really so bad.

Comment

I have an Iphone 4S. Not a horrible phone. I think I'm switching to a galaxy S5 though. Soon...

Comment

I have apple stuff cause it's more user friendly and I never use headphones so I don't care about this.

Comment

Working...
                              X