Broncos open contract talks with Thomas²

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos open contract talks with Thomas²

When the Denver Broncos allowed Eric Decker to hit the open market in March, it was with the understanding that salary-cap space would be needed to extend the contracts of Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas.

Three months later, the Broncos have opened contract talks with both nucleus players.

"We've already talked to them to see if we can do something before the beginning of the year," general manager John Elway said Monday, via The Denver Post. "We'd like to get something done before the beginning of camp. We don't want to do anything once training camp starts. They're both in their last years and we'd like for them to stay and be Broncos for a long time."
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=Twitter_atl
    Last edited by BobGnarly; 06-09-2014, 10:37 PM.

Thomases

Thomas² is also acceptable

Comment

But Latimer is a replacement for DT.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
        Thomases

Thomas² is also acceptable
        Gonna use that

Comment

Thomasi*

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
            But Latimer is a replacement for DT.

You go through life like this don't you.

Go hug a puppy or something.

Comment

Hmm, so DT is not expendable as some on here thought.
              SHOCKING!

Comment

Good news, but I'd like to see JT stay healthy for a whole season and improve his marginal blocking before I give him a big time deal.

DT would be great to lock up now though, before the WR free agent bidding frenzy begins next offseason.

Comment

Far different tune than Elway had with Decker last year

Comment

Originally posted by schaaf View Post
                    Far different tune than Elway had with Decker last year
                    And rightfully so. One of these things is not like the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
                      Good news, but I'd like to see JT stay healthy for a whole season and improve his marginal blocking before I give him a big time deal.

DT would be great to lock up now though, before the WR free agent bidding frenzy begins next offseason.
                      He'll be cheaper now than if he has another monster season.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                        He'll be cheaper now than if he has another monster season.
                        I still think he'll be made the top paid tight end either way. I'd just like to see him stay healthy and develop before giving him the big bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                          Hmm, so DT is not expendable as some on here thought.
                          SHOCKING!
                          Where did you see that. All I remember is Latimer was to be used as a fall back as in a hair on fire emergency if for some reason we could not resign DT. At least that was my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
                            You go through life like this don't you.

Go hug a puppy or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post

Agreed. DT has got to be locked up long term. There's nothing he can't do on the field. Great size, great hands, really good speed, much better running routes now, excellent RAC.

JT I'd like to see improve the blocking also, but we can't afford to let him get to FA. They're gonna have to get him a deal also before camp. The good news is that blocking can be coached. Natural ability in the pass game like he has is rare.

Comment

Working...
                              X