Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy Van Dyken severs spine in ATV accident

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...-icu/10219173/

Local of Colorado and her husband is former Broncos punter Tom Rouen.

That sucks, I hope that she can recover from that. Prayers for her and Rouen.

Comment

My brother-in-law almost got himself killed on an atv. Color me not a fan. Hopefully Amy will recover enough to have a full life.

Comment

That's terrible. Hope the best for her.

Comment

That's awful. You don't recover from a severed spinal cord. She will be paralyzed from the waist down. I would think the immediate concern would be myelomalacia secondary to the trauma.

I can't imagine dealing with that after being as active as she must be.

Comment

Awful to hear. Always sad when something like this happens, I couldn't even imagine.

Comment

Awful thing to happen. ATVs and horses can really hurt people. I suppose cars aren't great either, but its one thing to be out on a trail having fun to deal with this ****.

Comment

That really really sucks.

Comment

Ugh she was swim coach at my boys HS. That is terrible news. A great friend I grew up with did same thing and is paralyzed from mid chest down on a motorcycle.

Comment

That's awful.

Comment

Horrible news about one of Colorado's best athletes of the last quarter century.

Comment

I hate this... looks like her spinal cord is completely severed. As far as I know you can't recover from that.

I met her at the Red Robin in Highlands Ranch @ 470 and Broadway. She was nice enough to let me and my sister take a picture with her.

Sad.

Comment

That is just a horrifying image.

Comment

Never been a fan of the quads myself. I know I'd want to go like a bat out of hell and probably launch myself into a cactus or something.

Best wishes to her.

Comment

This is actually making me cry.

Comment

Working...
                              X