Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colin Kaepernick - 6 years, $110 million ($61 million guaranteed) - (WOW!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Kaepernick - 6 years, $110 million ($61 million guaranteed) - (WOW!)

Does this seem shocking to anyone else? I don't think he's proven himself to the degree to justify a contract like that.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...re-110-million

Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers struck a deal Wednesday on a six-year contract extension, which sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter is worth more than $110 million -- including a record $61 million guaranteed.

Last edited by Willynowei; 06-04-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

That's a shocking number. Just don't see him at $18M a year.

Comment

It's a lot of money, but he has the potential to earn it.

Sooner or later it will just become more cost efficient to play the games with robots.

Comment

He is so not worth it. Time to say laters to some good talent that the Broncos will gladly accept. This is Colin chillin on his deck after he signed...
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, he's obviously an amazing athlete with a ridiculous ceiling, but he hasn't at all shown he has the cerebral part of the game down. After week 1, it looked like teams figured out how to confuse him and take away SF's passing game. SF saw a ton of 8 man boxes, single high safety/cover 1 last season.

If Kaepernick can develop his understanding and start going through his progressions more fluently, I think he absolutely has the potential to be great.

Comment

well add 6 more commercials per game to pay these wages

Comment

Originally posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
                He is so not worth it. Time to say laters to some good talent that the Broncos will gladly accept. This is Colin chillin on his deck after he signed...
                At a certain point with every joke the more you tell it, the less funny it becomes. We reached that with this one several months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post
                  well add 6 more commercials per game to pay these wages
                  But just imagine the halftimes!

Comment

Strong teams with quality depth like San Fran and SeaThugs cannot get into cap hell quick enough for me. This is a step in that direction.

The more they spend on locking up their QB the less they will have to shell out to those great D's and adding offensive firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                      At a certain point with every joke the more you tell it, the less funny it becomes. We reached that with this one several months ago.
                      Sorry man. I agree, but I only saw it once shanny. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                        Strong teams with quality depth like San Fran and SeaThugs cannot get into cap hell quick enough for me. This is a step in that direction.

The more they spend on locking up their QB the less they will have to shell out to those great D's and adding offensive firepower.
                        The Seahawks set their contracts the same way we do.
                        Cap hell isn't coming for them. The 49ers though...

Comment

18m is about what half a dozen or so QBs or maybe a little more are making, so it's not unreasonable. That's market price for a Top 8-10 QB.

Comment

Cap hell isn't coming for anyone really. The cap is rising rapidly, it will go up 10 million this year from last year and likely much more in 2015 with new tv deals.
                            Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-04-2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Russel Wilson's divorce just became more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X