Edge of Tomorrow - worth seeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge of Tomorrow - worth seeing

It appears this movie came out earlier in Germany than the US for once. I typically watch about one or two films a month here (and Hollywood flicks don't get much play in Berlin) but caught XMen and this on back to back days this week. Xmen was quite a sizable disappointment after the last one being a lot of fun. They essentially crafted the movie to focus on Jennifer Lawrence since she has since ascended to top billing, which perhaps limited their ability to make a genuinely good story. Fassbender - wasted, Stewart and Mckellen - wasted.

Anyways, I just wanted to express my surprise and delight after seeing the new Tom Cruise movie "Edge of Tomorrow" - this story has a hugely involving hook to it within the first twenty minutes where Tom Cruise isn't playing a hero for the first time in a while.

I didn't want to write a review for either film, just wanted to endorse a flick that, while current being marketed as standard action fare, is slightly more. Worth seeing.

X-Men a disappointment The **** it was the perfect followup to X-Men: United (X-Men 2).

It basically erased the pile of **** that was X-Men: The Last Stand (X-Men 3).

That said, I will agree that they went over the top retard by focusing on Jennifer Lawrence so hard.

Going to see Edge though. It's currently a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Comment

I didn't care for X-Men. Left too many good characters on the sideline to focus on Jennifer Lawrence and her massive forehead. You can screen IMAX on that thing.

I am really amped to see Edge of Tomorrow though. Gorgeous Emily Blunt, cool looking sci fi premise and generally Tom Cruise movies are at least decent if not a lot of fun.

Comment

Yep heard nothing but good things about Edge of Tomorrow
        Will try to see that soon

I didn't like the new X-Men as much as a lot of people
        Not saying it was bad, but many people thought it was the best X-Men yet
        It was decent

Comment

Frozen was good. Definitely best family animated movie to come out in awhile.

Xmen was overrated by most. It was ok. X-2 still the best movie they put out. I was a diehard xmen fan growing up and the movies leave a lot to be desired vs say the avengers franchises which are just killing it right now.

Comment

I'm really excited EoT is getting great reviews. I had high hopes for it. I ****ing love trippy sci-fi. Oblivion wasn't bad either. Kinda ripped Moon off a little bit though.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
              I didn't care for X-Men. Left too many good characters on the sideline to focus on Jennifer Lawrence and her massive forehead. You can screen IMAX on that thing.

I am really amped to see Edge of Tomorrow though. Gorgeous Emily Blunt, cool looking sci fi premise and generally Tom Cruise movies are at least decent if not a lot of fun.
              XMen already had the story from the books, which they adhered to pretty well. I'm glad they didn't shift everything around to manufacture screen time for certain characters. And in the process they effectively eliminated the legitimacy of the 3rd xmen movie and the wolverine origins movie, which were complete garbage.

Comment

I've heard good things about EOT. This is the first place anywhere I've read anything negative about the X men movie, though. Good grief some of you make it sound like Daredevil.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
                  XMen already had the story from the books, which they adhered to pretty well. I'm glad they didn't shift everything around to manufacture screen time for certain characters. And in the process they effectively eliminated the legitimacy of the 3rd xmen movie and the wolverine origins movie, which were complete garbage.
                  I know the story from the comics. But still it came across as a Mystique movie more than an X-Men movie. Because of that I didn't care for it. I find Jennifer Lawrence to be a very dull actress in the same vein as Kristen Stewart and just lose interest when she is onscreen.

Comment

So glad they changed the title from all you need is kill.

Comment

looks like another rental, Tom Cruise.

Comment

Edge of Tomorrow” scored $20 million in 28 international markets, with the Tom Cruise science-fiction adventure opening overseas a week before it debuts stateside.
                        http://variety.com/2014/film/news/to...ce-1201202699/

Comment

I'm pretty much over Tom Cruise and his..."acting."

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            It appears this movie came out earlier in Germany than the US for once. I typically watch about one or two films a month here (and Hollywood flicks don't get much play in Berlin) but caught XMen and this on back to back days this week. Xmen was quite a sizable disappointment after the last one being a lot of fun. They essentially crafted the movie to focus on Jennifer Lawrence since she has since ascended to top billing, which perhaps limited their ability to make a genuinely good story. Fassbender - wasted, Stewart and Mckellen - wasted.

Anyways, I just wanted to express my surprise and delight after seeing the new Tom Cruise movie "Edge of Tomorrow" - this story has a hugely involving hook to it within the first twenty minutes where Tom Cruise isn't playing a hero for the first time in a while.

I didn't want to write a review for either film, just wanted to endorse a flick that, while current being marketed as standard action fare, is slightly more. Worth seeing.
                            While I have no interest in X-men movies I was shocked that every review, from critics to fans, had resounding praise for it. You don't see that often, and you are the first to pan it. As for EOT, I'm not a fan of the genre or Tom Cruise.

Comment

Thank you for the review, Chris.

Comment

Working...
                              X