This is getting ridiculous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is getting ridiculous...

It seems in today's world that it's not enough to research the products we use, to make sure they're safe, and that we're getting good information on them. There are crooks, liars and con artists around every corner. In both government and the private sector. Now we have to research the actual research itself it would seem. Doing background investigations on CEO's and high profile employee's, hoping to find hidden agenda's and 'good ole boy connections'. Finding an honest company today is like trying to find the needle in the haystack, particularly in the health and medicine fields.

Money Corrupts - If there were ever two words together more truthful then these 2, I'd like to know them.

I was researching vitamin brands today because of the popular show Dr. Oz. On his show he had a leading "expert" on from a company called ConsumerLabs, who states they test over 95% of the supplements we all use today. They charge a fee of $30 annually (sounds fair) to see their reports on what supplements are the best, average and of course the ones that "we should avoid at all costs". Wow, that sounds great. A company that is the peoples watchdog so to speak. They make it out to be they are calling out some of the large phama companies and giving us the straight answers. After all, that's how they make their money right, we pay the annual fee to see their reports after they've done "extensive" testing on these supplements. THINK AGAIN. Turns out, they are double dipping on us. They take payments from phama and supplement companies for "favorable" reports, even though their products are not any good. And it turns out, many of the companies that did not pay a fee to them, made their "avoid these companies" list. That is straight up blackmail. They also don't even have an actual lab where they do testing. They outsource to different smaller labs and don't even have any information on how they audit these labs or even what constitutes a good lab from a bad lab. They just figure it's a buzz word that American's trust. Oh, it was tested at a lab. That means the results must be accurate. It also turns out their CEO worked for the FDA and seems to have learned all the 'good ole boy' tricks and connections. He and his company are not the least bit interested in giving you the straight answers (the one's you are PAYING for). Nope, he's just a straight up crook and a lair, only in the game to make his profit, at the cost of your health. Sound familiar?

We know American's are much more sicker today then years ago. Yes, our lifestyle is a huge reason why, but I can't help but to the think we are also being lied to and cheated at every turn when it comes to seeking health advice, medicine and yes, even supplements. One tries to have a positive attitude and outlook when it comes to this, but that fight is getting harder and harder every day. For every good company or elected official, there seems to be 2 or 3 that are bad eggs.

We may be a sick people, but our corporations and our government is even more sick then we are. What a disgrace.

America - the land of the free (and the greedy)
    Last edited by ZONA; 05-31-2014, 11:22 AM.

The only solution? Oatmeal. And lots of it.

Comment

We must be prepared to go to any length! Yelling at store managers for poor oatmeal selection when we, ourselves, freely admit we only shop "where we're nearest." Nutrition is everyone's else's responsibility, not our own!

#YesAllOatmeal

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
        The only solution? Oatmeal. And lots of it.
        Yes, stick your head in the sand. It's easier that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
          We must be prepared to go to any length! Yelling at store managers for poor oatmeal selection when we, ourselves, freely admit we only shop "where we're nearest." Nutrition is everyone's else's responsibility, not our own!

#YesAllOatmeal
          I like how you added "only" before shop where we're nearest. Don't try and suggest that's how I shop ALL THE TIME. 1 trip to a nearby store hardly says that I "only" shop that way.

You take the cake my friend. Of course nutrition is our responsibility. But where do we draw the line. Should we all go get a PHD in nutritional supplements and go purchase thousands of brands and open our own labs and do our own testing? Get the **** out of here already. If a company is telling us they charge a fee to give us a straight answer on testing supplements, that's what they should do. Of course, it would be you to come to the defense of any corporation, honest or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
            I like how you added "only" before shop where we're nearest. Don't try and suggest that's how I shop ALL THE TIME. 1 trip to a nearby store hardly says that I "only" shop that way.

You take the cake my friend. Of course nutrition is our responsibility. But where do we draw the line. Should we all go get a PHD in nutritional supplements and go purchase thousands of brands and open our own labs and do our own testing? Get the **** out of here already. If a company is telling us they charge a fee to give us a straight answer on testing supplements, that's what they should do. Of course, it would be you to come to the defense of any corporation, honest or not.
            That's exactly what I said. You should send this post to Cliffs Notes as an informal resume of your abilities. You would make billions.

Comment

It seems in today's world that it's not enough to research the products we use, to make sure they're safe, and that we're getting good information on them. There are crooks, liars and con artists around every corner. In both government and the private sector. Now we have to research the actual research itself it would seem. Doing background investigations on CEO's and high profile employee's, hoping to find hidden agenda's and 'good ole boy connections'. Finding an honest company today is like trying to find the needle in the haystack, particularly in the health and medicine fields.

Money Corrupts - If there were ever two words together more truthful then these 2, I'd like to know them.

I was researching vitamin brands today because of the popular show Dr. Oz. On his show he had a leading "expert" on from a company called ConsumerLabs, who states they test over 95% of the supplements we all use today. They charge a fee of $30 annually (sounds fair) to see their reports on what supplements are the best, average and of course the ones that "we should avoid at all costs". Wow, that sounds great. A company that is the peoples watchdog so to speak. They make it out to be they are calling out some of the large phama companies and giving us the straight answers. After all, that's how they make their money right, we pay the annual fee to see their reports after they've done "extensive" testing on these supplements. THINK AGAIN. Turns out, they are double dipping on us. They take payments from phama and supplement companies for "favorable" reports, even though their products are not any good. And it turns out, many of the companies that did not pay a fee to them, made their "avoid these companies" list. That is straight up blackmail. They also don't even have an actual lab where they do testing. They outsource to different smaller labs and don't even have any information on how they audit these labs or even what constitutes a good lab from a bad lab. They just figure it's a buzz word that American's trust. Oh, it was tested at a lab. That means the results must be accurate. It also turns out their CEO worked for the FDA and seems to have learned all the 'good ole boy' tricks and connections. He and his company are not the least bit interested in giving you the straight answers (the one's you are PAYING for). Nope, he's just a straight up crook and a lair,only in the game to make his profit, at the cost of your health. Sound familiar?

We know American's are much more sicker today then years ago. Yes, our lifestyle is a huge reason why, but I can't help but to the think we are also being lied to and cheated at every turn when it comes to seeking health advice, medicine and yes, even supplements. One tries to have a positive attitude and outlook when it comes to this, but that fight is getting harder and harder every day. For every good company or elected official, there seems to be 2 or 3 that are bad eggs.

We may be a sick people, but our corporations and our government is even more sick then we are. What a disgrace.

America - the land of the free (and the greedy)
              In today's America that's called an opportunity. Unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                That's exactly what I said. You should send this post to Cliffs Notes as an informal resume of your abilities. You would make billions.
                If you ever thought inflation was low just look above. Now making millions is not good enough We gotta dream billions now. Damn inflation!

Comment

Some people see advertisements for medicine and think that people must be sicker today in the past. I tend to think that most of those diseases and injuries have always existed but now there are treatments/cures.

Watch a medical commercial and think to yourself - "what would someone do 100 years ago if they had that illness?"

Yes, it sucks that medicine is expensive. It would suck worse if companies couldn't afford to do vital medical research.

Comment

We draw the line by researching.....which is what you did.

Google it, baby. Seems simple. Are you really surprised that snake oil salesman still exist?

Comment

Zona the first emotion experienced when we learn an injustice has been perpetrated on one's self is anger. This is healthy justified anger and can be a useful tool in doing something about the situation. So much good change in our society has been born out of righteous indignation.

Ignore those guys busting your balls for this thread. Put your anger to good use Bro.

If your really want to be outraged look into fluorinated drink water or aspartame.

Comment

If we choose to put blind trust in any person, company, government organization, or even consumer advocacy group, we set ourselves up to be misled. Either by ignorance or malicious intent, bad information is spread everywhere. It is up to the individual to research the knowledge that is available and decide what he thinks is true. Is there any other alternative?

Comment

Originally posted by baja View Post

Ignore those guys busting your balls for this thread. Put your anger to good use Bro.

Like screaming at the teenage stockboy at Kroger's for their piss poor oatmeal selection?

Originally posted by baja View Post
                          If your really want to be outraged look into fluorinated drink water or aspartame.

"Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qr2bSL5VQgM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                          Last edited by mennonite; 05-31-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Really? I was supposed to read that rant?

Comment

baja has a man on the side btw

Comment

Working...
                              X